Help with building WY preference points

TJT96

I have a unit and everything picked out but I need help with how I should go about my application. If I wanted to get a preference point and hunt a type 6 tag next year (2019) how should I go about this? Do I apply for the type 1 random draw and then do the type 6 as my second choice? It’s a pretty popular unit so would I be better off putting in for the type 6 as my first choice instead? I’ll take any help I can get, thanks!

They are two completely separate draws. Put in for your preferred unit in the full price draw and your type 6 tag in the reduced price draw. You'll understand when you go to apply.

They are two completely separate draws. Put in for your preferred unit in the full price draw and your type 6 tag in the reduced price draw. You'll understand when you go to apply.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Apply for your Type 6 tag first choice in the reduced price drawing. This is completely separate from the full priced drawing.

Either throw in for your bull tag in the full price draw and hope to get lucky in the random draw (It's a single application, but if you don't draw in the preference point round you automatically get thrown into the random draw), or you can just wait until July and buy your preference point then.

Make sure you read all the rules for that Type 6 tag also, sometimes they have special stipulations attached to them.

You only lose your points if draw 1st choice in full price drawing (Regular full price or Special full price, your choice as apply). You can apply for a 2nd choice in the full price drawing and if draw then this does not impact your accumulated points nor your ability to obtain a point for that year.

There may not be a 2nd choice tag you want but you can apply for a 2nd choice.

Keep in mind the new CC fee charge. If you swing for the random and don’t draw you are paying 2.5% of the full tag cost to get a point. Verses if the odds are super low just buy the point later in the year and your only paying the fee on the point and not on a license you didn’t draw.

You only lose your points if draw 1st choice in full price drawing (Regular full price or Special full price, your choice as apply). You can apply for a 2nd choice in the full price drawing and if draw then this does not impact your accumulated points nor your ability to obtain a point for that year.

There may not be a 2nd choice tag you want but you can apply for a 2nd choice.

What if you draw in the random group? Do you lose your points then as well?

For example, if there were more people than tags at the 2 point level (but still a few tags left after everyone above drew), they essentially conduct a "random" draw for everyone at 2 points, correct?

Sorry if these have obvious answers. I'm still learning the points/draw systems.

If you draw your first choice, you lose your points. Doesn’t matter how you draw it.

What if you draw in the random group? Do you lose your points then as well?

For example, if there were more people than tags at the 2 point level (but still a few tags left after everyone above drew), they essentially conduct a "random" draw for everyone at 2 points, correct?

Sorry if these have obvious answers. I'm still learning the points/draw systems.

Incorrect! Everyone regardless of PP total goes into the PP Draw first, so that depends on how much money you want to spend since the Special Draw is a lot more money than the Regular Draw. Everyone that doesn't draw their first choice in the PP drawing then go into the Random Draw. 75% of the tags are in the PP Draw and the remaining 25% are in the Random Draw. As stated above, you lose your PPs if you draw your first choice in either of those draws.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back