Selling Powder

HighDesertSage

Long story short, had a pet load for a rifle, rifle got sold, I know have ~7 LBS. of powder that I will probably not use. Is selling powder as simple as listing it and paying the hazmat fee or is there more red tape than that? Sorry for the newb question, I just hate to see a $190 jug of powder go to waste.

I am totally confident you can sell that as long as you ship that properly, but asking about these kinds of things on the Internet is often problematic. When I once had a question similar to this I found it was extremely easy to Google up higher regional B ATF office and give them a call. They were friendly and easy to talk to and they head and answer that was probably more trustworthy than anything you'll get on the net.

Any postal office or UPS store can answer your shipping question.

That definitely has not been my experience. Most counter people do not know the rules, though sometimes they think they do. Further UPS stores will not ship any firearm, but UPS will ship firearms from their central hubs. This may apply to gunpowder - I do not know.

I would use FedEx. I have shipped ammunition via FedEx (you CANNOT ship ammunition via USPS).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back