Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

An important announcement

VikingsGuy

It's been a great year and a half on HT being VikingsGuy (more for the quality of the HT discussion, less for the Vikings on field performances), but between now and Jan 5th, I am going by "BisonGuy". 14 national championships (including 6 of the last 7) in college football leagues that actually bother to have full format playoffs (bowls are stupid, AP voting is stupid). This includes 6 straight wins over Power 5 conference schools. Not bad for a school otherwise known for being, "Harvard on the prairie".

Many of my friends & fraters will be in Frisco again, but after the first three trips, my closest buddies and I agreed that, "three trips to Frisco, TX are two too many" and have been watching the big game in a Vegas sports book the last 4 years. We will be there again this Jan. - laying bets, drinking adult beverages, sneaking a few cigars, rooting on the Bison for number 15. Betting money line on the Bison has been the safest bet in Vegas for a decade.

GO BISON!!!!

For my fellow Minnesotans, here are what championship football trophies look like, you may have forgotten as it has been a while:

48366646_10217936657836777_7312736907308302336_n.jpg

Last edited:
For my fellow Minnesotans, here are what championship football trophies look like, you may have forgotten as it has been a while:

View attachment 91818[/QUOTE]

There's an understatement. How many, if any were even alive, MN'ers on here were watching or listening when Da Gofers won in 1960. Yeah it's been a while -like a lifetime:rolleyes:

Good luck with your consolation team:D

Think Da Vikes are moonlighting this week as NDak's practice squad????................

Last edited:
Being a MSU Bobcat fanned I cringed when I knew we would face NDSU in the second round of the playoffs. Fully expected the blowout it was. It shows how far other FCS teams have to go to compete at their level. I have lots of relatives who are Bison fans in eastern ND so Go Bison!

ps....I am a Viking fan as well. At least you get to celebrate one team winning.

Bisonguy- I’ve watched my University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs win a couple of DII national championships in recent years. We do have one good football team in the state. I think I still have a couple of jerseys from my summer trips to Bison football camp.

I was enrolled to attend UM Duluth fall of 1980. Somehow, what with partying and other interferences - I never quite made it. Missed on being able to claim those Bulldog victories.
However, I literally arrive in Bozeman on the very day the Bobkitty's win the whole shebang in December 1984.
End up attending MSU, become a Bobcat alumni and have never seen the Cats even get to the upper level of championship rounds.

Oh well, I moved to MT to hunt and fish anyway and I chalk most of it up to being born into the Vikings fandom....................

Didn't Cush rule that you can't change your name on HT? I am pretty sure he issued a fiat...

KState fans are pretty psyched that coach Klieman is moving to the Little Apple to take over from the legend, Bill Snyder. The Wichita Eagle noted that unlike many head coaching changes, NDSU folks seem quite happy for Klieman, and might even take on secondary rooting for the Wildcats in future seasons.

I recall watching in horror as NDSU beat KState several years ago. I hope the Cats can continue to pull rabbits out of the hat like Wentz and their current QB. I know who I'll be cheering for in the championship game in January.

KState fans are pretty psyched that coach Klieman is moving to the Little Apple to take over from the legend, Bill Snyder. The Wichita Eagle noted that unlike many head coaching changes, NDSU folks seem quite happy for Klieman, and might even take on secondary rooting for the Wildcats in future seasons.

I recall watching in horror as NDSU beat KState several years ago. I hope the Cats can continue to pull rabbits out of the hat like Wentz and their current QB. I know who I'll be cheering for in the championship game in January.

A win win for me, I went to grad school at KSU during the early years of the Snyder transformation. Aggieville was crazy when they actually started winning.

Go NDSU! I have several cousins who graduated form there. How long until Saban starts sending his scouts to shadow NDSU's scouts trying to poach the recruits?

Mission accomplished! A great year for football (almost). My son won his state high school championship, our beloved Bison won a 7th title in 8 years as I rooted them on from Vegas this weekend and I won my fantasy league title. And then there were the Vikings :( Oh well, there's always next year, and the year after that . . . . . . . .

NCAA_Championship_Trophy_TN12171.jpg

Last edited:
Go NDSU! I have several cousins who graduated form there. How long until Saban starts sending his scouts to shadow NDSU's scouts trying to poach the recruits?

I don't think you have to worry about that. There is a reason (off field issues, academic issues, etc) those kids don't have FBS offers and end up in North Dakota. Although it's neat to see teams dominate FCS it's not nearly as competitive as FBS and not comparable to what Saban is doing. NDSU has built in advantages compared to most of the FCS which is why no matter who coaches there they seem to succeed. The reality is NDSU and schools like Montana have a lot more in common with Mountain West and MAC FBS schools than the rest of FCS. Fore example NDSU and Montana have a bigger AD budget than many MAC and C-USA schools, yet choose to compete in FCS.

I am curious to see how Klieman does at KSU. I do not have high expectations as replacing a legend rarely works out well but I do think KSU is better off with him than Sean Snyder (Who Bill was pushing the AD to hire). I wanted to see Seth Littrel or Bielema at KSU since Venables was not an option.

After watching Bohl win NC's at NDSU and then struggling to even win the MW conference at Wyoming with a 1st round NFL QB I have my doubts about Klieman winning at KSU. The Big 12 is a huge difference from FCS, and suddenly he has no advantages like he did at NDSU. Everyone else has nicer facilities, more $, and is closer to recruiting/talent than KSU. Even KU will be taking some recruits with the mad hatter at the helm. Missouri is playing better, as is ISU. Nebraska is headed in the right direction so the region is getting harder to recruit right now. This is going to be a much more difficult challenge to fill Snyder's shoes than it was to fill Craig Bohl's.

Will be interesting to see how things shake out with KSU, KU, TT, and WVU hiring new coaches.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back