Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Cabelas Imeon

Sawtooth Hunter

I am a expercienced archery elk hunter but I am planning my first backcountry hunt this fall before I get to old;) so I may be posting a few queations on here as I am getting my gear collected. Does any one used the Cabelas Imoen 15 degree bag I am curious about the down and synthetic fill blend. I am looking for a 15degree down bag with the thinking a down bag will pack smaller. This bag is at 3.2lbs and seems the listed stuff sack size is 8d x16L seems comparable to down bags. I have a 0degree synthetic bag seems its to big and bulky its pushing 5lbs, thats just on a cheap kitchen scale my wife has so I dont know how accurate that is

No I use an rei down bag. But doesn't look like a bad deal
I just texted it to my brother who is still using a synthetic bag. Not sure if the down us treated which you might consider. Let us know if you buy and use it.

No I use an rei down bag. But doesn't look like a bad deal
I just texted it to my brother who is still using a synthetic bag. Not sure if the down us treated which you might consider. Let us know if you buy and use it.

I will let you. I'm having trouble deciding between synthetic or down and 15 degree or 20 degree

Cool there's another thread on here recently on these subjects. Down is lighter but less forgiving of mistakes like getting it damp. 15 or 20 sounds pretty similar...maybe base more on the specific bag you want.

I have the 15 degree and love it. Used it for 2 seasons now and had 0 issues.

I am still using the -15F goose down North Face Chamois I bought in 1971. The down bags are said to be more durable than the synthetics and mine has certainly lasted. The goose down quality (loft) available back in the 70's was not nearly as good as what is available today. I would definitely go with down but get the new water repellant treated down. Don't expect them to be cheap though, top notch gear never is, but when you are shivering cold and can't sleep at 2:00 am, what would you pay to be warm and asleep?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back