Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Update to my Kimber Ascent thread

TimeOnTarget

I ended up keeping the kimber i got with my BCA lifetime membership. I ended up getting it in 6.5CM

I've had it sitting in the box in the safe for a long time now and finally mounted up a vx3 4.5-14x40 i had laying around and shot it. I told myself i was not going to handload for this rifle as I have a hard time finding the time to load for the current rifles.

I picked up a box of Hornady precision hunter 143eldx for it. Here are the results, 5 shot group at 104 yds, roughly a 1"x1" black square. The X'ed out round doesn't count. That was from a different rifle.

I honestly did not expect these results, at all. Should make a great lightweight back country rifle!

IMG_2202.jpg

Original Thread here:

https://onyourownadventures.com/hun...Ascent-Offer-to-a-HT-er&p=2674434#post2674434

Weird. I thought Kimbers were really shitty rifles after reading everything on the internet.

Thanks for sharing. I have been dreaming of Mountain Ascent for a couple of years but have been a little worried because what I have read. That being said I picked up a Kimber Hunter in a 6.5 and LOVE it.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back