Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Greetings from Thunder Bay, Ontario

pgidley

Thought I'd introduce myself, really enjoying reading posts here.

I live in northern Ontario, great deer and bear hunting around here. My wife and I love upland hunting, and for the past six years have spent a week in North Dakota every fall chasing roosters with our wirehair Wilma. The deer, pronghorns and elk we've seen driving around the west have gotten the best of us, and we've decided to start learning how to hunt big game out there. We love the prairies and Badlands, so any excuse to get back is good with me!

About us: we're in our thirties. I work for the province in natural resource management. My wife is a professional artist/designer, self employed. We love camping and canoeing in the backcountry, cooking with wild game, and nice old shotguns and rifles.

I really appreciate how helpful folks are here. I'd be happy to help however I can with hunting or fishing here in the North.

Cheers,
Pat

Last edited:
Greetings from a North Shore alumnus, just south of Tunder Bay - Grand Marais MN in particular - who was also crazy enough to go into natural resource mgmt AND has wire hairs. Great minds think alike??

Greetings from a North Shore alumnus, just south of Tunder Bay - Grand Marais MN in particular - who was also crazy enough to go into natural resource mgmt AND has wire hairs. Great minds think alike??

Hey, I love visiting Grandma Ray's! I play music at Wunderbar once in a while. We should combine our great minds over beer some time.

Welcome from the Nevada desert. If you make it this far down I would be happy to swap a hunt with you. Heck, or just show you around here as Il take any excuse to get out in the boonies.

Welcome. I’ve spent some enjoyable days fishing Northern Lights Lake up your way. I love the area.

Hey, I love visiting Grandma Ray's! I play music at Wunderbar once in a while. We should combine our great minds over beer some time.

Might be tough, I emigrated from Lake Superior to the Montana Rockies 34 years ago. And, my great mind is a figment of my imagination........

No Wiser, I also had a great canoe trip on the Northern Lights Lake system over 40 years ago, jeesh...............

Last edited:
Might be tough, I emigrated from Lake Superior to the Montana Rockies 34 years ago. And, my great mind is a figment of my imagination........

No Wiser, I also had a great canoe trip on the Northern Lights Lake system over 40 years ago, jeesh...............

Alright you're off the hook then. But I do like that Big Sky IPA with the pronghorn on it.

Welcome from straight across Lake Superior. Also have a Wirehair, but lacking a degree in resource management. I usually spend a couple weeks just east of the Nipigon area. I’ll pm you next time I schedule a trip that direction.

Pgidley- Welcome. Grand Marais guy here. I’m trying to plan an Ontario deer hunt next fall. Dryden area probably. Mind if I pick your brain a bit this winter?

Northern lights is great, we usually hit it in the winter. Ever fish North Fowl?

I have not. Pretty much all of my time these days is spent fishing Pipestone Lake northwest of Ft. Frances. I'm heading up a couple days after trout opener and can't wait!

I have not. Pretty much all of my time these days is spent fishing Pipestone Lake northwest of Ft. Frances. I'm heading up a couple days after trout opener and can't wait!

I haven't been on that lake. My winter obsession the last few years has been either small brook trout lakes or whitefish and lakers on the L. Superior bays that freeze over. That's some fun ice fishing!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back