Caribou Gear

Wyoming 2019 Regs

Looks like they stuck with the early nonresident elk application timing. I thought I had read that they were moving it to May 31 with everything else.

If they are going to charge a processing fee for credit cards are they going to give a refund of the processing fee when they refund the license fee?

Seems like they are going back in time on that one, I would imagine there will be plenty of tightwads like me that are going to have to go back to a paper application. :(

Looks like they stuck with the early nonresident elk application timing. I thought I had read that they were moving it to May 31 with everything else.

If they are going to charge a processing fee for credit cards are they going to give a refund of the processing fee when they refund the license fee?

Seems like they are going back in time on that one, I would imagine there will be plenty of tightwads like me that are going to have to go back to a paper application. :(

The later application date of May 31 will go into effect for 2020, as they have to write and approve the changes and that couldn't be done in time for 2019. Not sure on the refund of the processing fee, but your final comment is not available since all applications have to be done online and it's been that way for quite a few years now.

I didnt see how much the credit card "fee" was. Did you see it anywhere?

I heard this is coming in 2020

No. The point of charging the processing fee is to cover the cost of processing all the refunds through the credit card companies.

No. The point of charging the processing fee is to cover the cost of processing all the refunds through the credit card companies.

No, the point of charging a processing fee is to cover the amount that the credit card charges them to accept the original payment. If they did it correctly, when they issued a refund they would be able to recover the original processing fee like nearly every business does. Ever notice that if you return something that you purchased on a credit card that they make you take the credit back to the card? That gets them the processing fee back.

Not sure why Wyoming can't seem to get that figured out. I thought they did last year when they quit giving the refunds via warrants, but I guess they still screwed something up and didn't get their processing fee back. New Mexico has been doing it that way for a decade now, you would think as well as Wyoming does on everything else they could get this figured out.

The later application date of May 31 will go into effect for 2020, as they have to write and approve the changes and that couldn't be done in time for 2019. Not sure on the refund of the processing fee, but your final comment is not available since all applications have to be done online and it's been that way for quite a few years now.

Hmm.. I would almost question the legality of charging a processing fee if there isn't an option of paying any other way. Seems like that would be the same thing as changing the price of the license if there is not another option and my understanding is that only the legislature can do that.

On a sheep tag, goat tag, special elk tag, etc. the processing fees are going to end up costing some real $. Just to have it refunded back to my card anyway.

Last edited:
I'm not a credit card scientist. Just reporting what I saw in the Commission Meeting video.

I called and confirmed that the processing fee is going to be 2.5% but got hung up on when they tried to transfer me to a supervisor to discuss whether they would refund the processing fee if you didn't draw or if there was an option to pay in any other way to avoid the additional fee. I'm back on hold now.

What's with the goat Type A tag?

Seems like it's kind of similar to the MT unlimited sheep tag. It's a guaranteed draw for MG for areas with very few goats that WGFD doesn't want becoming established. It's a way to issue MG tags for those areas without it counting as your once in a lifetime MG tag that a type 1 is. I'm sure there'll be more info on it as the application period approaches.

I called and confirmed that the processing fee is going to be 2.5% but got hung up on when they tried to transfer me to a supervisor to discuss whether they would refund the processing fee if you didn't draw or if there was an option to pay in any other way to avoid the additional fee. I'm back on hold now.

What'd they have to say?

They are too busy at Fwp orchestrating the next shoulder season to kill more cows

Wyoming pays a fee on both sides of the transaction. They pay 2.3% on a transaction, $0.01 per refund, and $20. per disputed charge.
The transaction fee is 2.5% and there is no refund of that fee for an unsuccessful app.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back