Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Deer euro mount teeth

Does anyone know of any tricks to get the teeth clean on deer euro mounts

I’ve always scraped with a knife or an exacto knife but seems like there would be an easy way

I don’t think the peroxide will turn them white will it?

It looks like they have a bunch of black Tatar on them

I've always liked the teeth to look natural on mine. Peroxide will whiten them some and a lot of the dark stuff tends to dry out and flake off with time

Ya, I have always left the teeth their natural color and even quit whitening my own skulls entirely. I think the natural bone color is fine. To answer your question, I think the same bleaching compound that whitens the skull will do a pretty good job on the teeth, but may need a second application.

40 vol developer creme for 10 days will have them as white as the rest of the skull.

Just finished this one; sous vide at 145 with oxiclean, then used 40 vol peroxide creme for 10 days.
FC7FB881-F19F-433B-9518-DF942C6F3EA8.jpg

40 volume and Basic White. Mix the two to make a paste and leave it on for 24 hrs. Best thing I have found and you get it at hair salons.

I always scrape the plaque off my European mounts with a metal dentist pick before I bleach. If you let the head dry for a couple of hours before applying bleach, the plaque will flake off fairly easily.

My teeth clean up fairly well. I don’t paste on the peroxide though. After boiling I change the water and dump the peroxide into the pot. I tape up the antlers and dunk the skulls in near boiling peroxide. Then I check every ten minutes. 10-30 minutes is all it takes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back