PEAX Equipment

Higher end production rifle choices

Maybe I need to forgive Browning for my A-Bolt not being very accurate and not write them off completely. Sounds like most folks find them to be pretty accurate.

Maybe I need to forgive Browning for my A-Bolt not being very accurate and not write them off completely. Sounds like most folks find them to be pretty accurate.

I may be wrong, but I think the A-Bolts were not as well received as the newer X-Bolts have been.

4FAF5E50-9FE3-4558-AED2-799A79F3EA7D.jpg

Here was my choice after driving Mtmuley nuts earlier this year in my search. A 7mm Rem Mag Bergara Ridge with a Leupold VX5HD 3x15x44. I know that’s heavier than your looking for at over 10 lbs but they have different options to reduce the weight. All in the total came to $1,512.05. That leaves room for him to get a complete reloading set up or pay for a tag for this year.

I may be wrong, but I think the A-Bolts were not as well received as the newer X-Bolts have been.

I never got my A-bolt under 1 MOA. It could probably have been done. I gave up on it early because I didn’t particularly care for it.

Since we've gone from high end production rifles to Bergara and Browning, I wouldn't look past the Remington AWR with the 5r barrel. mtmuley

VikingsGuy and I don't see a lot the same:D, however.... Winchester 1885 has my nod. I hemmed and hawed (price) on a Davidsons limited run recently until the last one went away. If a similar one appears in a future run, won't happen again. Also, an older Ruger #1B, in excellent condition, would run about the same as a "high end production" bolt. If a single round only doesn't interest you, never mind........
Doesn't fit any of the OP's specs - but the kid will be cool with a long octagon barreled piece of eye candy.......

Last edited:
Since we've gone from high end production rifles to Bergara and Browning, I wouldn't look past the Remington AWR with the 5r barrel. mtmuley

My LAW was twice as much as my current set up, in the hands you don’t notice where the extra grand went. Maybe it will at the range but I have my doubts from what I’ve seen so far from others posts. If He is dead set on spending a certain amount then by all means spend away and send a 700 out to Allen Precision and get it tuned up.

My LAW was twice as much as my current set up, in the hands you don’t notice where the extra grand went. Maybe it will at the range but I have my doubts from what I’ve seen so far from others posts. If He is dead set on spending a certain amount then by all means spend away and send a 700 out to Allen Precision and get it tuned up.

You talking about Kirby in Fort Shaw, Montana? mtmuley

I don't think he does work on customer rifles anymore. But, if you have the coin to have one built, none better in my opinion. Meeting him and shooting his rifles was a real eye opening experience. mtmuley

I am running a VX2 (cds) 3x9 1inch. The rings are SAKO mid-level (I think); I know they are not high level mounts. I have had no ejection problems. It has a 22.4" barrel that is excellent and the action is so smooth. I hunt with 165 grain partitions or Accubonds and target shoot with nosler ballistic tips or Hornady SST's in the summer. Euro optics is having a sale on the SAKO 85 synthetic ( a great buy). Hope this helps.

It does! Thank you for the info.

CA mesa hands down love mine. I have the long range 300wm. Tack driver now I want a short action regular mesa prob in 7mm 08. Wish they would produce it in 300wsm.

They do! Just not commonly carried by dealers. It is listed in this year's brochure/catalog. It will be my next rifle purchase.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back