PEAX Equipment

Zinke to Resign

Where do you think Zinke got most of his marching orders from? The Ute delegation clearly had a heavy hand in many of the decision made.

No question there, but ask yourself why do you think he did some of the things that were good for public land users like us? Did he have to? I suppose you could call it greenwashing or maybe it was because he remembered a little bit why he got there and his MT constituents, either way there were a few things that happened that were good.

How much is Bishop going to do for us? I'm not saying Zinke was great, just better than someone like Bishop, at least it wasn't all bad, Bishop seems 100% bad and wouldn't do a thing for us.

And all this time the several Mark's of this forum had me believing Zinke was the culprit!

Cave quid volunt

Couldn't agree more..... Zinke, although not great, likely will be better than anyone else that will be the next nominee but I'll wait and see before I judge the future secretary.

Yup. If folks had seen the original list they would have chit themselves. The hunting organizations were allowed to veto a lot of the really, really, terrible nominees. Compared to those others nominated by the transition team, Zinke at that time, not yet being connected to the news of these issues that have resulted in his resignation, looked like a ray of hope. It is for that reason his nomination was supported/endorsed across a wide section of groups, from BHA to SCI to RMEF to B&C to TRCP and many others.

If those prior candidates are re-nominated and one of them is approved, onpoint's quote above will be an unfortunate reality. Think of pro-transfer industry lap dogs like Cheney, Labrador, McMorris-Rodgers, Ivory, Noel, and brace yourself for one of them as a possible DOI Secretary.

Back