Zinke to Resign

Schaaf

Part of me is surprised, part is not. Makes me wonder what some of the open and potential upcoming ethics investigations would have found.

I read that David Bernhardt is expected to step in.

I don’t agree with many of the decisions he made, but I’m afraid we will get a replacement worse than Zinke. Remember some of the other names thrown around before he got the job.

A bummer to see him go though in today's extreme political partisan America, it's a matter of Democrat smear campaigns. Smear as much as possible and hopefully he too drank beer in college...
"I don't ever want to be held hostage by a foreign entity over energy needs. I don't want to send your kids, my kids, on foreign shores to fight for energy," Zinke, a former Navy SEAL, told Fox Business Network in September. "And environmentally, it is best to produce energy in this country under reasonable regulation than to watch it get produced overseas with no regulation."
He also worked to improve access to federal land by hunters and fishermen as part of a wide-ranging agenda to boost hunting. In a similar vein, he worked to create two controversial pro-hunting advisory committees filled predominantly by representatives of pro-gun and sport shooting groups.

Where art thou, Mark? :)

Like Southernelk stated: I did not agree with many of his decisions. Personally, I think he was a major letdown to a lot of conservation groups that supported him. However, his replacement, if anything, will be much worse. Not sure how great of news this is....

Like Southernelk stated: I did not agree with many of his decisions. Personally, I think he was a major letdown to a lot of conservation groups that supported him. However, his replacement, if anything, will be much worse. Not sure how great of news this is....

My thoughts too

Agreed.
Whomever the replacement ends up being, hold onto your hats.
He/she may make us miss the Zinkster, when it's comes to the stewardship of the DOI's land, resources, and workforce..............

Sytes, I disagree. Zinke made his bed.

Where have the smear campaigns been for Gorsuch and Mattis?

I recall a thread regarding whom DOI Sec would be... I recall posts specific to the concern over who would be placed as the DOI Sec... Unable to find it. The search string is cluttered with Spartacus Booker style Mark threads so... I recall off hand someone sharing how Zinke would be the better of the choices - how this cycle came full circle...

I also seem to recall some saying Zinke would be a poor choice. How this all comes full circle;)
Actually given who the moron who appointed him is/was, I should say Zinke was an expected choice - as will his successor likely be...................

Agreed.
Whomever the replacement ends up being, hold onto your hats.
He/she may make us miss the Zinkster, when it's comes to the stewardship of the DOI's land, resources, and workforce..............

Yup. If folks had seen the original list they would have chit themselves. The hunting organizations were allowed to veto a lot of the really, really, terrible nominees. Compared to those others nominated by the transition team, Zinke at that time, not yet being connected to the news of these issues that have resulted in his resignation, looked like a ray of hope. It is for that reason his nomination was supported/endorsed across a wide section of groups, from BHA to SCI to RMEF to B&C to TRCP and many others.

If those prior candidates are re-nominated and one of them is approved, onpoint's quote above will be an unfortunate reality. Think of pro-transfer industry lap dogs like Cheney, Labrador, McMorris-Rodgers, Ivory, Noel, and brace yourself for one of them as a possible DOI Secretary.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back