Savage customer service (GOOD)

Pondera

Bought my kiddo a Savage axis 7mm-08 with mounted weaver scope on sale at Scheels this summer and she shot her first deer with it this fall. We put about 1 box of ammo through it practicing and hunting. It was bore sighted pretty well and didn't take much adjustment to zero. I stripped it down and cleaned/lubed. Scope rings were finger tight(should have checked that before shooting!) Double checked zero right before youth opener and she made a clean shot a few days later.

Now that the season is over I'm putting things away for storage and wiped everything down and discovered the eye piece glass of the scope was loose! A painless email session later I had a new scope to my door step. Upon replacing the scope I discovered 1 missing and 3 loose screws holding the bases to the receiver. One more email and those are on the way!

Learned my lesson-Factory mounted scope doesn't mean they did it right! My fault for not double checking all that. Glad Savage backed up their product. Darn accurate rifle and fits the kid great.

I and several others have had the exact same issue with the bases coming loose. There's even a youtube about it. It's ubiquitous.

It's the main thing about savage that really ticks me off. If you aren't going to put them on right, then leave them in the box don't put them on. Or don't even provide them. They could have cost me my bear this year or caused a wounding. Heck, I hate to know how many wounding shots have been made on this issue.

Kinda ticks me off that the retailer doesn't check them out, but I have to think the margins are very tight especially on entry level firearms. So I'm not letting this sour that.

My savage axis suffered from the often documented stiff trigger, I installed a spring kit recently and it worked great.

Kinda ticks me off that the retailer doesn't check them out, but I have to think the margins are very tight especially on entry level firearms. So I'm not letting this sour that.

My savage axis suffered from the often documented stiff trigger, I installed a spring kit recently and it worked great.

It's not the retailer. No matter where you buy them the problem is there. If cost is in issue, then don't provide the bases or don't mount them. Don't use them in your sales pitch, mount them incorrectly, and cost your customers shots.

I like my savage, but have no excuse for them on this issue sorry.

Much like knowing where you stand, you also need to know where your rifle and scope stand.

If you took it somewhere to have it mounted and they goofed it up then thats one thing - but to expect it to be 100% after being shipped who knows how many miles... worse yet, expecting it to be dead on after being on display for who knows how long?

Wouldn't you guys check torque and zero if you dropped the rifle? Well, I'd imagine it gets dropped a thousand times during shipping!

Package guns, or any gun provided with a scope cannot be trusted to be mounted correctly. I have seen people show up with rifles only bore sighted. Consider it a lesson learned. Package deals and/or cheap scopes do not turn out to be good deals in the long run, especially when stores hire idiots to work the counter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back