28 Nosler Hells Canyon

krhuntin

I am looking to see if anyone on here has the browning xbolt hells canyon in 28 nosler. Also what are thoughts on the particular gun. Before any of the 7mm mag comments i want to first note i have multiple 7mm, just really interested in new calibers. I have a 120 guns, so as you may now know i like to buy/build different setups and get a good reload recipe and just shoot them when i feel like it. But in all seriousness if anyone has one that could provide me with decent feedback that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

My hunting buddy bought one. Killed his first elk with me this year. He shoots long distances( not hunting though) Just saw his target with 3/4 groups at 600 yards. He would not shoot an elk that distance, but he put the smack down on one at 300. I shot it and it shoots great, and not bad recoil. Like my 270WSM. He got the one with the McMillan stock. Its a fantastic round and DO NOT let anyone tell you its just another 7MM. It smokes a 7.

I love nosler, I love Browning, but would not get a 28 nosler if I didn't hand load. Nosler's ability to provide factory ammo has been lackluster.

And BTW, 120 guns???? That's just greedy hahaha

Before any of the 7mm mag comments i want to first note i have multiple 7mm, just really interested in new calibers.

You do know the 28 Nosler is a 7mm right? The caliber/cartridge thing is kind of a pet peeve for me. mtmuley

You do know the 28 Nosler is a 7mm right? The caliber/cartridge thing is kind of a pet peeve for me. mtmuley

Would think with a 120 count he knows the difference Dale.

Welcome to HT, pics of that arsenal please.

Those rifles are really nice, I haven't shot one but know people who swear by them. Being honest, with the burnt bronze cerekote, the just look freaking cool! Following to see if you pick one up. Also, that 28 nosler is a beast, I really wanted one but instead went the 7mm mag route in hopes of a little longer barrel life.

Those rifles are really nice, I haven't shot one but know people who swear by them. Being honest, with the burnt bronze cerekote, the just look freaking cool! Following to see if you pick one up. Also, that 28 nosler is a beast, I really wanted one but instead went the 7mm mag route in hopes of a little longer barrel life.

Went with the 7mm, too. Buying brass for the 28 to reload would suck.

The 28 Nosler seems to really shine with what it can do with 175 - 180 class bullets. The BC's are outstanding and velocities excellent.

I am going to be hopefully picking one up in a few weeks.

The 28 Nosler seems to really shine with what it can do with 175 - 180 class bullets. The BC's are outstanding and velocities excellent.

Yes sir, seems I read Hells Canyon w/ 1:8 twist for the long heavies.

If I were to go the 28 route, I'd buy brass before the rifle to make sure I had some. Things will probly even out, but right now it seems grim. But, big .30's kill better than 7's anyway. mtmuley

My marbles must be totally gone then.
7mm-08, 7mm-08AI, 280 Rem, 284 Win, 7mm Rem Mag.
Still looking for 7mm RSAUM, 7MM WSM.
Thinking of building 7mm LRM, 7.21 Tomahawk.

Let us know how you make out with the 28 Nosler.

My marbles must be totally gone then.
7mm-08, 7mm-08AI, 280 Rem, 284 Win, 7mm Rem Mag.
Still looking for 7mm RSAUM, 7MM WSM.
Thinking of building 7mm LRM, 7.21 Tomahawk.

Let us know how you make out with the 28 Nosler.

yep...you all the way round the bend.;)....in a good way

I would throw the 180 berger hunting vld or even try the 195's. 4 more 1 shot kills with the 7mm dakota 180 grn vld so far this fall.

Back