2018 Farm Bill

TrickyTross

Has anyone ahd a chance to peruse through the 807 page document yet? I have been focusing a lot on Title II due to work, however, Title VIII is what ill be reading on later. Appears to have some options that would benefit my part of the world....
Below is the link to the full text, I encourage folks to read what they can ( I know, its difficult to piece together and seems to be written cryptically) instead of reading a paraphrased "version". Devils in the details, but sometimes, so is an angel.

https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20181210/CRPT-115hrpt1072.pdf

I read their post the other day. The VPA-HIP is great, but I wish they would discuss Title VIII a little more in depth. Some great potential for Good Neighbor Authority since it was expanded to counties and Tribes and a focus on having similar and complementary restoration within the same watershed as NFS land.

The State and Private Forest Landscape-Scale Restoration program would be awesome for ecosystem work in watersheds. Promoting cross-boundary wildfire mitigation at $20 million 2019-2023, authorizes cross-boundary hazardous fuel projects, gives the ability for grants and interagency coordination on projects.

Amended Healthy Forest Restoration Act of 2003 and reauthorizes hazardous fuel reduction on federal land at $660 million.

Theres a portion on CE for sage grouse and mule-deer with an acreage cap of 4,500 acres. But I do not live in that area so couldn't speak on it if it is beneficial or not.

Added some lands in Tenn to the National Wilderness Preservation System. Hopefully it was the right move, time will tell.

$80 million for Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program, which has been utilized her in NC to a fairly great success with multiple share holders.

Wish more could have happened with CE that were attempted to be put in...

Back