Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hush antelope video from today

Good god you guys are a bunch of whiners.
Good god you guys are a bunch of winners! As opposed to the flat-brimmed, hat-on-backwards, high-fiving, testosterone driven shoot-em-up Utube wannabe stars ... many of the HTs on this forum say a blessing for a successful hunt and end of critter's life, after extensive preparation (gear-up, train-up, recon, hike, stalk, hunt, shoot accurately). Then some record the hunt to display healthy positive hunting images to perpetuate the ethical legacy of hunting wild game. That's a win, not a whine.

Yep, once you create a hunttalk user account, you'll never make a poor shot again and earn the right to openly criticize others' shooting skills and general ethical views. You'll learn to closely study video clips for obscure and uninteresting wildlife violations. I think it comes with a genuine plastic "junior warden" badge as well.

If I want to see crappy spectator sport TV, I'll go back to watching the MN vikings......

It's great isn't it? At least they are not locked into their QB for $90 million over the next three seasons no matter what happens......or wait...

Yep, once you create a hunttalk user account, you'll never make a poor shot again and earn the right to openly criticize others' shooting skills and general ethical views. You'll learn to closely study video clips for obscure and uninteresting wildlife violations. I think it comes with a genuine plastic "junior warden" badge as well.

You left out the ability it gives you to count "where the holes and brass don't match".

Good god you guys are a bunch of winners! As opposed to the flat-brimmed, hat-on-backwards, high-fiving, testosterone driven shoot-em-up Utube wannabe stars ... many of the HTs on this forum say a blessing for a successful hunt and end of critter's life, after extensive preparation (gear-up, train-up, recon, hike, stalk, hunt, shoot accurately). Then some record the hunt to display healthy positive hunting images to perpetuate the ethical legacy of hunting wild game. That's a win, not a whine.

I’m not disagreeing with most of your post, but this thread was started to try and call out the Hush crew for something that was completely legitimate. They had a Wyoming tag....

Once again it's "legitimacy" vs widely accepted standards of good conduct. (Or at least there once were standards).

What are you talking about?? This thread was started when the OP thought they were using a CO tag in Wyoming. That wasn’t the case. So what acceptable standards are you talking about?

You left out the ability it gives you to count "where the holes and brass don't match".

My bad. Maybe if you watch tonight’s episode, they’ll only slice the notch instead of removing it entirely.

The contrast you quoted and seemed to agree with in post #28 describes some of the "acceptable standards". I respect your likely perspective of the video being "cool" and reserve my right to view it as "uncool".

(My dinosaurio attitude obviously reflected here.)

No wonder I don't bother to watch any hunting shows. But if I did, I could join in I guess. mtmuley

Really...Not even Randy's shows?

Gotta' agree. Hunting makes for a terrible spectator sport.
If I want to see crappy spectator sport TV, I'll go back to watching the MN vikings......

Now that's funny...if you want a new stadium, we have one for sale on craigslist...lol...quarterback included...

The contrast you quoted and seemed to agree with in post #28 describes some of the "acceptable standards". I respect your likely perspective of the video being "cool" and reserve my right to view it as "uncool".

(My dinosaurio attitude obviously reflected here.)

The part I agreed with was your so called “acceptable standards.” The part is didn’t agree with is the OP starting a thread to call out some guys for illegally tagging an animal. I’m not a hush fanboy at all...I haven’t watched a single video of theirs this year. So no, I don’t think the video is “cool.” My point was/is that It’s unfortunate that on a place with so much knowledge and experience a guy starts an unmerited thread and everyone turns it into a bashing session. I’d like the think you “dinosaurs” aren’t so quick to jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

I think there's a vastly different thing calling out a specific action and saying its been noticed its a common thing in hunting videos and then moving on.

My bad. Maybe if you watch tonight’s episode, they’ll only slice the notch instead of removing it entirely.

Yeah, no. But since their brand of tv seems to be your thing, I'm sure you will let us know how it turns out.

Haha... Post of the day right there for sure....

However, HUSHIN is known for awful shooting and typically they aren't afraid to show it. In another thread I posted links to some of their videos where they shoot deer and elk in the ass. Past about the ripe old age of say 13, that's not acceptable.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back