Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hush antelope video from today

Mudranger1

So I was watching this nice video with them out enjoying themselves with family and friends. Then they show cutting of a tag I'm like that looks an awful lot like a Colorado tag. Does wyoming do different style tags? I will admit to not being 100% on these types of things. So fill me in.

Link to video
[video=youtube_share;PI1s8396fTs]https://youtu.be/PI1s8396fTs[/video]

5:45 the Wyoming tag I know. 13:27. 18:33 both look like Colorado tags. Fill me with knowledge

It's a Wyoming tag that was printed at an IPOS (like sporting goods counter, etc.). They look different than the paper ones that come in the mail.

Screen shot

Attachments

• tag.JPG
    tag.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 630
The first tag was definitely a Wyoming tag like the two I had for my doe antelope this year that were printed and mailed to me. The other two like madtom stated were printed at a POS terminal and were probably issued as leftovers after the two draws.

Last edited:
Here’s my turkey tag from last year

Attachments

• 5D4A0731-9928-407A-9807-E29AC0017EA6.jpg
    5D4A0731-9928-407A-9807-E29AC0017EA6.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 621
I'm very happy for the young lady getting the nice goat at the five minute mark. Disappointed (but not shocked) that they edited out what appears to be a second shot on that animal. First shot appears high and far back, and then there is clearly a shot into the front shoulders (looks like an exit that broke the shoulder) that is evident as she is carrying him out. Correct me if I'm not interpreting a second shot correctly please. Not knocking the young lady at all, follow up shots need to happen sometime. Just surprised they show a follow up shot on the next hunt and not the first?

I'm very happy for the young lady getting the nice goat at the five minute mark. Disappointed (but not shocked) that they edited out what appears to be a second shot on that animal. First shot appears high and far back, and then there is clearly a shot into the front shoulders (looks like an exit that broke the shoulder) that is evident as she is carrying him out. Correct me if I'm not interpreting a second shot correctly please. Not knocking the young lady at all, follow up shots need to happen sometime. Just surprised they show a follow up shot on the next hunt and not the first?

To me that first shot hits back behind the shoulder with him quartering to her. So I would think you were right. Strange they wouldnt show it if it did happen

The shot they show was definitely real high on the back and you can see the hair fly. There is no way there wasn't a second shot to take that goat down just like you mentioned with that hole in the left shoulder. I also have a big problem with all those guys having that little girl carry that goat out on her back. She was way too small to be carrying a load like that and if she continues to abuse her body she'll end up rupturing a disc in her lower back from doing stupid stuff like that like I did when I was young! I am not a fan of that bunch and haven't been since Casy filmed a couple terrible long range shots years ago and put them out on Youtube.

Did anyone but me notice they filled out of the carcass coupon back at the truck. According to regulation, the tag must be notched and signed before leaving the sight of the kill. With this bunch I am not surprised. Worse yet there are youth involved.

#gameandfishviolation

Last edited:
Good catch JM77. Funny that they don't mind showing a tagging violation, but they make sure to edit out a follow up shot. Priorities I guess...

The OP did ask specifically about the tag formats used in CO vs. WY as the tags appeared in the video. I think it is within the realm of discussion to point out that one of the tags was filled out at the truck and not at the site of the kill, which is a pertinent to following the WY regulations. It says right on the carcass tag that it should be filled out completely and attached to the animal before leaving the kill site. For those who choose to put themselves into the public limelight like Hush, they should expect a higher level of scrutiny as it pertains to following applicable regulations. My note on leaving out a follow up shot from the film was simply because my interest was piqued due to them showing a follow up shot on the subsequent animal.

I'm surprised there is no mention of Casey's all too frequent lack of shooting ability. First he hits his antelope in the rear, then over compensates and hits it too far forward. At the second shot they quickly cut the scene to not show the animal slowly die. He wounds and loses, or makes poor hits on more animals in one season than I have in a lifetime. He either needs to learn how to settle down and shoot in field conditions or pick up his fishing pole and leave the weapons at home! He is a much better fisherman than he is a hunter, and he is a mediocre fisherman.

No wonder I don't bother to watch any hunting shows. But if I did, I could join in I guess. mtmuley

No wonder I don't bother to watch any hunting shows. But if I did, I could join in I guess. mtmuley

Gotta' agree. Hunting makes for a terrible spectator sport.
If I want to see crappy spectator sport TV, I'll go back to watching the MN vikings......

I've seen several hunting videos where the holes and brass don't match the number of shots shown. It's not unique to the flat brim crowd.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back