7mm-08 tikka t3x compact

Did you every find a load that your Tikka likes? I tried a few different boxes of factory ammo in my T3 Forest (Hornady SST, American Whitetail, and a few custom hand loads that a friend made) and it ended up liking plain old Remington Cor-lokts the best. This was my first year hunting with the 7mm-08 and very pleased with the performance of the caliber.

I've got a 700 in 30.06 from the early 90's that used to give me pretty mixed results with higher end factory loads. I started shooting those 150gr cor-lokt loads just to spend more time at the range, being the cheapest box of ammo out there. Accidentally stumbled into a half minute groups for my trouble.

Factory ammo???
What's that??
Oh, 22 boxes pictured of it...
I don't know that i miss enough to warrant buying 22 boxes of ammo....

J/k...

I use the Past as well and I like it for the bench. Some people complain about the bulk but layers of clothing are constantly changing with the seasons so the PAST thickness is a minor issue to me.

I have a lead sled type device and I quit using it because it seemed to have a negative effect on my accuracy, but YMMV.

Besides the aforementioned Hornady American Whitetail, I know the Federal Fusion 120 grain ammo works great on whitetails. Also watch for sales on the Nosler 120 grain Ballistic Tip ammo at Shooters Pro Shop...

I bought a Remington Model Seven SS in 7-08 last season. Finally got to test it out this year. I've killed two 9 points with 120 grain NBTs and have been impressed with them. If I had to shoot all copper, it would be in the 120 grain variety.

I bought a box of Hornady American Whitetail to get my scope close before I started shooting my handloads. The Hornady ammo shot like crap in my rifle. Looked more like a shotgun pattern than a rifle grouping.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back