Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Loss of quail habitat

S

sharpshooter97

Frustrating day for me yesterday, I had a comp day so I figured I would go to my favorite quail spot east of El Paso and hunt some gambel's. I had good success over veterans day weekend but when I got there yesterday morning I saw that the border patrol had cut MILES of brush down along the Rio grande which leaves almost zero cover for birds on the US side of the border. Found a small pocket and got 3 and decided to leave the rest alone. I guess I'll have to hunt NM the rest of the quail season

Growing up in michigan you would hear bobwhite quail whistle in lenawee county area but no more. And im only 30. Saw a few in the croatan of north carolina when i first got my dog. The forest service thinned some areas and gave them some cover. Sadly was deployed during the only good fall I would have had there .

Yeah those little birds are hurting as bad as any at least Bob white. I know wild pheasants in ohio and michigan are quite rare. I'm hunting in the morning tomorrow for the first time in two years. Used to get about two shots at roosters in an entire season. Finally I started driving north for grouse. At least we see more birds.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back