B.A. Daughter :)

Muskeez

This kid continues to get stuff done! This fall she has harvested an antelope, mule deer and now a whitetail, not to mention a bunch of ducks and geese. She is definitely a lucky gal but I always say that luck thrives on and follows hard work. This fall my daughter Carlee went to the tree stand several times by herself on some freezing cold mornings and sat for several hours in 10-15* temps. This past weekend she came home from college to hunt the Iowa shotgun season. I have 3 other ladies to take during the late muzzleloader season so Carlee decided to hunt the shotgun season instead so that we wouldn't have so many tags to fill later in the ML season. Plus she will still be able to hunt with her bow tag during that time.
We started our weekend by going ice fishing on Saturday morning. We managed to put 35-40 bluegills in the bucket and many more smaller ones back in the lake before we headed home to change clothes and get her headed to the woods for an afternoon sit. By 1:30 she was in her treestand practicing aiming between certain trees to find the best shooting lanes. Around 4:00 a buck headed her way then turned at just 60-70 yards and went over a hill, she watched it follow some does around for a while before heading back her way. She kneeled on the treestand platform and rested the muzzleloader against the seat. The buck only gave her a quartering toward shot but at 60 yards she knew it would be fine as she aimed for the point of the shoulder. The bullet tore a big gash in his heart and exited the liver. It managed to run straight down a steep hill about 100 yards before crashing.
Carlee called me from the tree shaking like crazy and breathing heavily! She climbed down, reloaded the ML and tracked the buck easily in the snow to the bottom of the hill. She called again to say she had found it. I was fishing 60 miles away with my wife so we loaded things up and headed south. By the time I got there she had managed to drag the buck all the way up the hill 1-2' at a time. She just wanted to prove that she could do it! As crazy as it seemed my back really appreciated it! :) What a fantastic day for my little girl! Obviously I'm quite proud of her!
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_2003.jpg

That's a nice mess of 'gills and a Dandy buck! Sounds like she had a great fall!

I'd say that her 'luck' is hard work meeting opportunity, then capitalizing on it. That is a great looking buck, congrats to the hunter (and the dad)!

That’s great! Dragging the deer out by herself is awesome.

Your daughter deserves a big Kudos for getting out by herself and getting the job done!! Nice buck and nice bunch of gills!!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back