MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Adak 2018

Great video and photography. That's a heck of a long ways to go to get a duck; The Edge of the Planet!

Are those sea ducks tasty?

Last edited:
I'm sure that you were careful, but for me: inflatables+waves+extreme cold water temps+wearing waders= me wearing about 3 life vests at once. :)

Awesome adventure those are beautiful ducks. The amount of waterfowl I saw on my moose hunt in AK was amazing mostly baldplates.

Cool video. And damn, how old is that A5?

It just looks like the oldest one ever made. I bought it new in 1977 and have been shooting it heavily ever since. Hunting on salt water in a kayak these past 5 years have taken a toll on its looks. It was shiny and pretty when I bought it and I was skinny with a full head of hair. We've grown old and ugly together.

It just looks like the oldest one ever made. I bought it new in 1977 and have been shooting it heavily ever since. Hunting on salt water in a kayak these past 5 years have taken a toll on its looks. It was shiny and pretty when I bought it and I was skinny with a full head of hair. We've grown old and ugly together.

Haha. Yea I bet salt water is tough on a gun!

Great video!
Ever thought of incorporating DJI drone footage or does that border the F&G regs for your area as an illegal advantage? I know in MT there is a discretionary line for use.

Great trek! Dig the music. Fitting!

Great video!
Ever thought of incorporating DJI drone footage or does that border the F&G regs for your area as an illegal advantage? I know in MT there is a discretionary line for use.

Great trek! Dig the music. Fitting!

I've been tempted to buy a drone. The footage from drones is awesome. However, two things have prevented me from it. 1) I don't want to get cited while hunting even though it would not be used for scouting, but I imagine that a Game Warden would have the final say about that. 2) The buzz above would ruin the experience for me.

Sea ducks are beautiful and I'm going to mount them. There were many birds that I could have shot on this trip but I didn't feel the need to because I already have those species mounted. I didn't travel all that ways because they are delicious. To me it's no different than shooting a furbearer, you don't shoot a fox for the meat.

That’s a great way to think about it Glasseye! Those are truly some handsome ducks! What a beautiful bird ina wild and extreme location. Just the experience would be something, and seeing those birds mounted would be an incredible way to remember. Good on ya

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back