Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Late Season Rifle Elk Hunt

What a great episode and there were two parts correct? Congratulations on a successful & entertaining fun hunt!

I agree with HONEYBADGER the unfortunate reality is this unit will be a max point draw from here on out in the for see able future. This could be just what mid point guys need to draw a premium elk tag in Wyoming. *IF* the Wyo game and fish would send a copy of this episode to anyone with max points in the elk draw giving them the unit location with maps. Maybe then other top elk units would loosen up points wise and "creep down" a bit. Wouldn't that be a nice change.

I agree with HONEYBADGER the unfortunate reality is this unit will be a max point draw from here on out in the for see able future. This could be just what mid point guys need to draw a premium elk tag in Wyoming. *IF* the Wyo game and fish would send a copy of this episode to anyone with max points in the elk draw giving them the unit location with maps. Maybe then other top elk units would loosen up points wise and "creep down" a bit. Wouldn't that be a nice change.

If I had max points, I wouldn't use them on this unit. I have a hunch there are some better units yet. It never hurts for everyone to overreact though.

I didn't even see what area it was. Or is this something you deduce from miscellaneous clues?

I won't be drawing it in case, but I would guess it is 100.

Let’s all agree to just not talk about hunt areas numbers. The residents who recognize the area would like the already horrible drawing odds to not get worse...:)

Let’s all agree to just not talk about hunt areas numbers. The residents who recognize the area would like the already horrible drawing odds to not get worse...:)

Last time I looked, the resident draw was something like 10%. That doesn't seem bad to a non resident like me.

Last time I looked, the resident draw was something like 10%. That doesn't seem bad to a non resident like me.

10% already trending downward each year without added publicity. So we can agree to disagree.

10% already trending downward each year without added publicity. So we can agree to disagree.

No sympathy here. I've watched the odds for mule deer tank in my area over the last 10 or 12 years. It is what it is. Especially with the internet. And this hunt is getting huge publicity. mtmuley

Just watched day two. Someday I’d love to shoot an elk like that but honestly it would make me happier to be able to hunt with my kids the way you and Matthew do every year. What a great adventure to share with your son. Congrats Matthew, congrats Dad!

Just finished watching both episodes (the Youtube channel really helps treadmill workouts pass quickly). I can't thank Randy and the team enough for all the great content. Also, I don't know if I have ever seen someone that looked depressed like Mathew after harvesting such an amazing animal.

I agree with Addicting . Mathew is like "Cool Hand Luke " . I really enjoy watching Randy and Mathew , that's what it's All about - Quality Time and Making Memories . Can you imagine if Randy's friend Jerry had been there ? Now that would've been hilarious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back