Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Late Season Rifle Elk Hunt

Great episode! Nice when you can hunt together like that with family and friends to share the experience!

I can't believe you guys got Buzz on an elk hunt in the middle of the deer rut...

Great hunt! Beautiful bull too. Good call on getting a bull on the ground before the weather hit. When I had my tag I waited too long and got snowed out.

Wow...how cool was that?!?! Huge congrats to Matthew, and Randy thanks for letting us watch your son grow up through these episodes over the years. You guys sure did something right raising that young man!

I can't wait to watch these with my eight year old, while eating some of his homegrown whitetail jerky. He had a late night racing derby cars at church last night as was sleeping when I got to finally watch these. Someday I hope we can do a similar trip!!

No part 3 where you're driving in white-knuckle road conditions? I was on the edge of my seat in anticipation. What a let down! ;-)

Great story. Nice to hear the chit-chat going back and forth. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.

So, how big was that bull, roughly speaking? Is that a 400 incher? A 375? I can't even guess, but I would be curious to know in round figures just for the heck of it.

I think a new scoring system was created on this hunt. The Matthew Newberg scale. Hunters won't talk about a bull's score anymore, it'll just be "It was so big, Matthew Newberg would have shot it." :cool:

Seriously though, thanks for uploading the videos and not making us wait Randy!

An amazing couple of videos - I really enjoyed watching them. Just goes to show that sanctuaries are where you find them. A truly massive bull.

It was only a little over a mile pack out without much vertical. Add to that how much sand and dirt there was, without much of an area to do it cleanly. And, when Matthew made a trip to carry out all our heavy gear and then Marcus took a quarter, they made it possible that we could get the rest in one remaining trip, bone in.

Makes sense. Good job.

Very cool - I hope to someday run into that many bulls in one area, even without a tag. Would be fun to camp there during the rut and listen to the elk talk.

Very cool hunt. That looks like fun country to hunt. Draw odds impossible like the Elkhorns?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back