Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Late Season Rifle Elk Hunt

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Part 1 is now live. Not sure why these bulls were down near their winter ranges with as little snow as was up high, but it goes to show what areas elk prefer if not for intense hunting pressure. Matthew, Marcus, and I enjoyed these days hanging out with Buzz, telling big stories and talking public land advocacy.

[video=youtube_share;RE5qddjXeLE]https://youtu.be/RE5qddjXeLE[/video]

What a show of bulls! Are you sure you guys weren't filming at the elk refuge? ��. I can't believe the size of most of those bulls, dozens of dream bulls. I wouldn't be able to pass but I'm still working on getting my first.

Question: "That's a good 7x8 330+ Bull. Ya gonna shoot em'"

Answer: " I don't know. Maybe, Maybe not".

Said NO California Hunter ever!

A+++ to Matthew for his self control and discipline. I'd be a shakin' basket case.

Cant wait till episode 2.

Question: "That's a good 7x8 330+ Bull. Ya gonna shoot em'"

Answer: " I don't know. Maybe, Maybe not".

Said NO California Hunter ever!

A+++ to Matthew for his self control and discipline. I'd be a shakin' basket case.

Cant wait till episode 2.

Off camera Matthew is laughing hysterically as his old man tries to keep calm at these foolish decisions.

Great start,c'mon Matthew throw some lead son.thought Randy was going to go bonkers.
Waiting to see what the morning brings.:cool:

And that is why I wish I had max elk points instead of max deer points in Wyoming. Wow.

Part 2 - Matthew makes a purchase and stops window shopping.

[video=youtube_share;9chIYseHoK4]https://youtu.be/9chIYseHoK4[/video]

That .300 win didn't mess around! Dandy bull! Good decision to wait until he stood up.

That was an epic hunt! Why don't you bone out the quarters, Randy, instead of hauling out that heavy bone?

It was only a little over a mile pack out without much vertical. Add to that how much sand and dirt there was, without much of an area to do it cleanly. And, when Matthew made a trip to carry out all our heavy gear and then Marcus took a quarter, they made it possible that we could get the rest in one remaining trip, bone in.

Watching Matthew is like watching Cool Hand Luke. Good thing you were there to show him how to be excited. Bull of a lifetime and doing it with your Dad, what I wouldn’t give...

That was a fun hunt to watch. I love the interaction between father and son as it reminds me a lot of hunting with my own father.

That was a fun hunt to watch. I love the interaction between father and son as it reminds me a lot of hunting with my own father.

The best part is seeing the Randy's unspoken reactions that first day!

"Randy: You gonna shoot that one?! Matthew: Maybe... Randy: (Verbally) Ok, your call... Randy: (Mentally) Geez, What the **** is he thinking!?"

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back