Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Gardiner MT Christmas Postcard (Pic Heavy)

onpoint

Every December my wife and I make at least a couple trips here to see some nice stuff. Today didn't disappoint. Big game safari.
For those who aren't lucky enough to have this in their backyard, enjoy........................................
DSCN0816.jpg
DSCN0824.jpg
DSCN0811.jpg
DSCN0840.jpg
DSCN0854.jpg
DSCN0867.jpg
DSCN0870.jpg
DSCN0871.jpg
DSCN0873.jpg
DSCN0874.jpg
DSCN0878.jpg
DSCN0889.jpg
DSCN0933.jpg
DSCN0952.jpg

Some general scenery:
Paradise Valley
paradise.jpg
Infamous Deckard Flats and Jardine Road - a few elk have passed through...
deckard.jpg
Montana unlimited sheep country - a few of you may have been up near that repeater.
sawtooth.jpg
Aptly named creek. Out-a-stater absentee rich folks aren't around their Montana holdings this time of year much.....
grizzlycr.jpg

Attachments

• elkridge.jpg
    elkridge.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 414
Thanks for sharing. I haven't made it to Montana in a couple of years now, your photos have me thinking I need to change that - sooner than later.

Some frozen turds at the Hitching Post. Didn't check the Hays Place nor the road to Little Trail.
Didn't see any anywhere - but very little to no snow on the valley floor...........
A pard of mine is waiting for them to make an appearance. Has that tag plus one in AK for February...

Cool pictures. Thanks for posting. I’m GHS class of ‘96. Always good to see to pics from home. I’ll be back there Sunday!

Good place to grow up, huh rmyoung1?
Gardiner was my winter 2'nd home in those days (most of the 90's). One of Helen's hateful hamburger's accompanied by a "hi hon..." or K Bar pizza was standard dinner.
Unless you were in the middle of those late elk hunts (and a lotta the regular seasons), you wouldn't believe the stories, right??...........

Good place to grow up, huh rmyoung1?
Gardiner was my winter 2'nd home in those days (most of the 90's). One of Helen's hateful hamburger's accompanied by a "hi hon..." or K Bar pizza was standard dinner.
Unless you were in the middle of those late elk hunts (and a lotta the regular seasons), you wouldn't believe the stories, right??...........

Yeah, great place to grow up. I lived in Mammoth so the daily commute to Gardiner for school provided a fair share of wildlife sightings, to put it mildly. Great place. And, yeah, the 90s were crazy for elk hunting there, especially ‘91. Just a crazy collision of high elk numbers and early winter. In ‘91 in late Nov, you could sit in Mammoth at daybreak and hear the shooting start on Deckard exactly 30 minutes before sunrise. Pretty wild.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back