Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hardwater upland season

BrentD

Hardwater season at last. Or at least semi-hard. We hunted cattails today and they kicked our butts.

20181208_153909.jpg

Idea - Get rid of the bells, the roosters may be a bit less alarmed?? We go stealthy as possible. Silent Pointers in cattails are fun.........
Love the ice, the snow, the hard water, and the cattails. In my less than humble opinion - December's the best month to hunt the long-tailed Chinese invasive:D.
Montana ends January 1. I hunt three days a week until then and go into depression on 1/2.............
jan1.jpg
DSCN0066.jpg

Nice photos and a good tail on that second one.

I forget the bells from time to time. I have never noticed any real difference in flushing distance. I do try to not use my voice much however. Today, we were flushing deer at under 25 yds. Saw a monster buck today, by the way. Second time I've seen him out there.

I need them since I only see Gus occasionally in the cattails and the grass is even worse as it is often 7+ ft tall and exactly the same color as his fur.

I thought this was gonna be a story about dropping roosters while tip up fishing! Great time of year to take a walk with the best friend!

GuNR and I had some fun today.
45512444264_795cf8350b_h.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back