Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Recommended Books and Advice

JosiahJoiner

Hey folks! Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on literature for hunting moose, sheep, or caribou? I am going to be moving to Alaska this spring and want to take full advantage of any preparation time that I have now. I've never hunted any of these species before and so any and all information that I an get now will give me a head start, sense I will only have a couple of months of scouting once I get there before caribou season opens. Been looking through the regs and ON X but I'm going to be honest that I don't know a whole lot about their preferred habitat, migration patterns, ect...Any other advice would be appreciated as well; gear I should think about getting now, ect... I think that I will be focusing my efforts on caribou and moose at first and then black bear, sense I won't have residency the first year and paying a guide for grizzly and sheep will probably be out of the question. Going to Fairbanks area by the way, so will more than likely be trying to hunt the interior. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back