Wyoming files appeal of Yellowstone grizzly decision

I believe it's going to take legislative action to get these delisted just like it did the wolves. I don't see this as a fruitless Endeavor but I don't see it overturning it either. I just wish it would happen sooner than later.

This is absolutely insane to believe that sportsmen would get a fair ruling form the 9th circuit. In Florida, we had one bear hunt a few years ago that was supposed to be an annual hunt. There were over 300 bears killed in a 3 day period and this was supposed to take 30 days. The largest black bear killed in Florida weighed over 700 pounds. Our bears obviously do not hibernate and are the apex predator and the hunting season has since been canceled. And we have had annual bear attacks on humans and nothing will change with all of the north easterners moving here.

and nothing will change with all of the north easterners moving here.

I had no idea that the North Easterners were responsible for Florida's plight. I knew about the Californians in Oregon and Colorado, The Texans in Colorado and New Mexico, and the liberals in TX who just ruined everything, but I had no idea....

I believe it's going to take legislative action to get these delisted just like it did the wolves. I don't see this as a fruitless Endeavor but I don't see it overturning it either. I just wish it would happen sooner than later.

It's not going to happen for at least two years.

MT filed to intervene on the side of the service as well. Until we deal with the Great Lakes decision, and how that affects delistng of DPS's, we'll constantly find ourselves in this same predicament, regardless of the species.

I had no idea that the North Easterners were responsible for Florida's plight. I knew about the Californians in Oregon and Colorado, The Texans in Colorado and New Mexico, and the liberals in TX who just ruined everything, but I had no idea....

You have similar situations with states like Nebraska where people in a large population center like Omahahaha could determine what you can or can't hunt in some rural area in Western Nebraska.

One of those environmental groups:
"Path to extinction"...
Patagonia Action Works: https://www.patagonia.com/actionworks/grantees/save-the-yellowstone-grizzly/

Save the Yellowstone Grizzly is a campaign organized to fight the removal of Endangered Species Act protections from Yellowstone National Park’s grizzly bears and avert the possibility of a trophy hunt.

This had earlier rush pushed by Patagonia's Founder, Yvon Chouinard in 2016: https://www.patagonia.com/blog/2016/09/yvon-chouinard-save-the-yellowstone-grizzly/

In the wake of the decision by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to delist the grizzly, the three states around Yellowstone have announced their intentions to sponsor trophy hunting of the bear. Opponents say that the effects of climate change on food sources, in addition to their famously slow reproductive rate, coupled with a trophy hunt, would put the bears on the path to extinction.

Last edited:
I have a tough time with Chouinard sometimes. He's a proponent of public land and seems to be willing to work with hunters while at the same time embrace the cat ladies that buy his stuff.

I have a tough time with Chouinard sometimes. He's a proponent of public land and seems to be willing to work with hunters while at the same time embrace the cat ladies that buy his stuff.

Couldn't have said it better--his ability to ignore science on this (de-listing is a good thing!) is a little troubling.

Back