Caribou Gear

Free Solo

MTGomer

Documentary of Alex Honnald Free soloing (climbing without a rope) 3200’ El Cap in Yosemite.

The wildest thing I’ve ever watched. Highly recommend.

Alex Honnald ascent has got to be one of the greatest human athletic achievement of all time.

Meru, Jimmy Chin's other film is great as well.

I get vertigo stepping on the ‘do not step here’ rung on the A frame ladder hanging Christmas lights on the house

gqSJEQy.jpg

I'm a big chicken when it comes to heights. My little brother used to compete in climbing comps, and does some crazy $#it, though nothing on this level.

We shared a bathroom growing up, and his climbing magazines were always next to the can and I read them with great interest. The beginning of every magazine was a string of obituaries of famous climbers who pushed it too far. Hopefully Honnold isn't one of them someday. Listening to him on Rogan's podcast he seems pretty level-headed.

I look forward to watching this. It's sort of mind boggling to think of the consequences of the smallest mistake.

It's an amazing story and it's very well done. Even if heights don't get you, you will still be sweating and exhausted at the end of the movie just from watching!

Meru is insane, I'm not into climbing, but one of the coolest films ever.

I'll be sure to catch this one.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back