Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana late season rifle or archery

Fun fact: The Bitterroot Range is the largest mountain range in Montana (over 300 miles long), and has numerous subranges - including the Coeur d'Alenes, the Saint Joe Mountains, The Beaverhead Range, and the Centennials. There's a lot of wiggle room when someone says they are in the Bitterroot Mountains.

we hunt in the roots some, there are definitely some nice spots. that is not our primary spot but we have located elk there. I enjoy the first 10 days of the season. yes, depending on where you are the first few days can be a zoo. but we have found after the first weekend, about 1/2 the crowd is gone. there were a couple of days this year we did not see a soul while hunting. I have always wanted to hunt one of the last 2 weeks just for a different experience, have not been able to make it work out. Good luck.

I havent decided whether to try the later rifle season or archery. I enjoy both times of year, so it really becomes a question of which is the best time to punch a tag.

Next year has potential to be a good year to hunt late. Season ends Dec 1

Hard to beat Sept20-Oct5 though.

I appreciate the feedback fellas. Might all boil down to schedule, but that late season just may be the ticket... I love hunting in snow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back