Spring 2019 -
South Dakota Archery Turkey (OTC)
Minnesota Archery Turkey (OTC)
Wisconsin Turkey (Draw but OTC back up)

Fall 2019 -
Minnesota Archery Deer (OTC)
North Dakota Archery Deer (OTC)
South Dakota Archery Antelope (OTC)
South Dakota Black Hills (finally enough points to draw rifle)
Maybe get lucky and pick up a New Mexico Deer Tag (3% odds)

I'll be building points in many other states but I don't have the time I wished I had with a 3 year old to do more than what I'm already doing....

I think my plan is kind of starting to come together. The plan is for my son to burn his one less than max elk points in Wyoming for a late season hunt, and I will try for a cow on the same unit. If that works, I will then try to pick up a third season muley tag in Colorado and make it a two week trip with him flying in for the elk hunt. Other than that I will do the normal, AZ, UT, NV, WY, CO, SD & TX apps/points. Maybe ID, NM and KS also.

Trap hunt and fish for everything in Georgia. Wy deer and maybe Antelope doe if there is time and if I draw. Also wishing for a few super tags.

January-February: NC Urban Archery Whitetail
February: Possible GA hog hunt
April-May: NC Turkey, possible Ohio Turkey
September: Headed back to Idaho for Archery Elk
September-December: NC Whitetail with a high chance of a Ohio Whitetail Trip during November

For me it’s deer hunting for the next few months - meat animals for the next few weeks, then red stags late Jan - March, then sika roar hunting in May. Tahr in June. Africa in July. Would like to try a mule deer hunt Dec or Jan and am looking at the NM late archery hunts or maybe AZ OTC.

Wyoming elk, deer & pronghorn PPs for my daughter and I.
AZ elk, deer and pronghorn PPs for my son.
Colorado elk PP for me.
Entered the WY superdraw and am dreaming of goat, sheep and deer tags.

Elk plans for son and I blew up at the last minute this season...first time in a decade and a half I didn't make it to the mountains.

'19 plans:
Stalk some thick cover wild hogs early spring '19....multiple sounders running at our deer grounds.
CO or NM Elk & TX Whitetail next Fall.

I will apply for roughly 38 tags and hope to get lucky on one or two of those apps. No matter the outcome, I will be hunting Elk, Deer, and Pronghorn somewhere in 2019 and hopefully helping others on a few good tags as well.

More like flying bison, if you ask me. Not that I've ever done it. Does the earth shake when one of those comes down? It sure would be a trip for my dog.

The plans so far:
Trapping Ky until end of February
Spring Turkey Ky, Tn, Mo....maybe Idaho & Washington
If I hunt turkeys in Idaho I'll be bear hunting as well
Sept Ky Deer then off to Idaho for Elk, Bear, Muleys
Nov Ky & Mo Whitetails

My plans are to apply, apply, apply!

Just sent in my first long shot applications for Alaska caribou, bison and sheep.

If I get into April without drawing anything good I have enough points in Colorado to draw a decent elk tag hopefully.

Going to do some habitat improvements and stuff around the house. Had a real nice mule deer before the season and after the season around the house but just didn't time things out to dance with him during the season this year. Maybe next year will work out.

Kodiak blacktail first time in october
MT General tag deer in november.
CT ME VT ML in Dec depending on where and how deep the snow is and what’s open when i can hunt
doing research on MT bow elk season. never hunted elk before I hunt alone and all the places i really
want to hunt has grizzlies and i’m a solo hunter do not sure where or if i want to do DIY elk in grizzly country and can’t wrap my head around paying a guide in a general archery unit I’d rather enjoy learning on my own

Hopefully it will be a busy year!
Spring:
Idaho bear
Idaho turkey

Fall:
Wyoming antelope
Idaho moose (if I draw)
Idaho archery elk (1st year archery elk hunting)
Idaho rifle deer

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back