Whats your 2019 plans

Plan:
I told some guy my wife and I and our 7 pronghorn points in Wyoming are ripe for a party application.
I also got suckered into mentoring new elk hunters in either ID, MT or CO, so that will likely be either sex or cow.

Wild Cards:
Pepper the west with applications

AZ javelina hunt in January.

Current thoughts are put in for AZ archery elk, Wyoming pronghorn with wife, put in for either sheep or elk and mule deer in Idaho, and hunt general elk and deer in Idaho. If I somehow draw AZ elk it put serious changes to my plans. I'm really hoping/looking forward to archery elk hunting in ID with my wife and brother.

WI turkeys and gonna try and get out to the black hills also
Archery deer in North Dakota
3rd season deer/elk in Colorado with the kids
Have 9 pts for antelope in south dakota I've been trying to use
Still debating on coues rifle in Arizona, have enough pts for a good unit late rifle.

Quebec/Ontario:
Spring Turkey

Saskatchewan:
Black Bear (Spring)
WT Deer (Sept 1 to Dec 2)
Mule Deer OTC Archery (Sept 15 to Oct 14)
Depending on Draw results maybe Moose, Elk or Mule Deer

Wyoming:
Antelope Buck and/or Doe
Mule Deer with PP

whitetail here in Pa
Cashing in Wyoming Antelope points for a trip with the wife.
Still thinking about either Montana mule deer or Wyoming cow elk.

August: Mule Deer Utah or Nevada (Or possibly antelope in Wyoming if my future wife wants to do that for a honeymoon)
September: CO Mule Deer if drawn or NM Elk hopefully, CT Whitetail until Dec, NJ Whitetail until Dec,
October/November: SD Deer/NY Deer until Dec
December/January: AZ Coues/Muley

Hopefully Colorado muzzleloader elk.
Probably Wyoming antelope.
Definitely Tennessee whitetails, turkeys, and ducks.
Maybe Louisiana ducks and geese/ but that's early 2020.

Spring turkeys with the bow in NJ and MD.
Whitetail and sika deer in MD all fall.
WY antelope in October with hopefully a couple of doe tags.
Points for CO, AZ, and WY elk.
Points for CO, AZ, WY and IA deer.

Big trip will be will be taking my 12yo (will be by season) to WY for pronghorn for his first NR hunting experience. Should have enough points to guarantee we draw. Might also be bringing along a buddy and his 12yo to be who started chemotherapy on Friday. If he's healthy enough. Will spring for at least some of the tag cost for the two of them.

Hope to get the pooch to somewhere for wild birds; possibly KS as I have enough points to pull a deer tag there.

Whitetails, small game, turkeys, stuff here in IN.

Tagging along for a bison hunt in AK in February. Haven't been to the interior part of the state, so figured Feb would be a good month... ;)

Anything else will depend on the draws and I plan to put in for most things in most states.

2019 is a bucket list year - or so I have advised my wife...
It is one of the two:
Bush plane Caribou hunt - Alaska
or
Kayak the Bob. Financial winner, it appears.

Plan to dig into the wolf hunting, learn new elk area(s) and build a bit more info on the deer activity in my area. As for traveling outside MT for hunting, nothing planned.

Pray i draw a LE tag. Then when i find out i didnt hunt elk a few times and spend majority of my time getting my kids animals.

Retired wife moved here from China this year and spent all the fall hunting seasons here, greatly compromising my out of state hunting applications/hunts. But that won't be the case in 2019. She will accompany me on my spring turkey hunts in IL & WI, but return to China in the fall for 3 or 4 months, flexible dates. So the doors will be wide open for me to apply for whatever/wherever I want in 2019. I apply in ten states, and next year will be the one I plan to go for it, seriously trying to burn points (20+) for some 3-4 week long premium archery hunts I have been waiting on for a very long time. UT deer & OR elk hunts that offer only 1 or 2 NR tags. Then will have to change my draw strategy on all the balance of hunts, about 35. When the draw result dust settles, my wife will finalize her travel dates so I get a free hall pass.

Didn't draw Gould's Turkey in AZ

Didn't draw Oceola in FL

Drew tahr ballot in NZ for June

Will apply for big game in AZ & CA but not expecting anything.

Most likely will hunt upland birds on the Big Island Hawaii in Nov.

Hope to hunt waterfowl again in AK in Dec.

Looking to plan a Wyoming elk hunt with my son. Have been waiting for this opportunity for several years. He went to college in North Carolina 7 years ago to play baseball. He met a girl, got a job teaching and has been there since. The distance and his job is going to make this somewhat difficult to plan. Together we would be at 8 pp, so I have been researching where to possibly apply together. My original plan was to use my points to hunt archery hunt a particular unit, but would share my points to hunt with my son. However, he has enough points to draw at least a general tag and I could just serve as a guide. It is much easier to focus on harvesting one animal over 2. We are going to do some serious research when he is home for Christmas.

I am also looking at Wyoming muzzleloader antelope with my brother who has never been out west to hunt. We didn't draw the tag last year, but should draw this year. The dates for this hunt work out better for him since he is a High School Activities Director.

After much deliberation we are going to do an OTC archery elk and deer hunt in South East Idaho. Plus we're going to buy a point for elk and mule deer in Colorado and consider buying points elsewhere.

Plans for the year:

Alaska for Caribou in August-12 day float hunt
Put in for Wyoming elk likely hard to get tag and build points
See if I draw any tags in Alaska hopefully a goat or a sheep (unlikely)
Put in for elk in new mexico
If I have no luck on Wyoming elk, Alaskan draws or New mexico draws burn some antelope points or Mule deer points in Wyoming.
Nevada elk, antelope, mule deer, sheep draw
Arizona, elk, antelope, deer and sheep
Utah elk, antelope, deer, sheep points
Colorado buy some mule deer points

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back