Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

DIY options for Wy Bighorn Sheep

CWeeks

Looking at the odds and I'm getting close as a nonresident with 18pts. I've got a hunting buddy that lives in Laramie and would get me into the wilderness, no horses, but may can come up with some if necessary. I got my Co ram several years ago with a guide and would really like to take my next one self guided if possible, but obviously don't want to blow a OIL tag either. Really would like to talk to someone with firsthand knowledge of the areas and how doable this would be, did some research last year and applied for unit 7. I know 5 is where everyone says to go, but couple points behind on that unit. Also can't believe how much outfitters are charging for a 10 day hunt, with a kid in college, not a great option at this time. Thanks in advance for any advise, I'm a two day drive from the area or I'd go look for myself.

Unit 7 is very doable diy. If you have the time I would highly encourage you to try it.

Did #5 ten years ago highly recommend it. incredible country great sheep, it's the real deal. I think I have a thread on this site if you dig for it.

Throw in the names of some roads or trials to look for sheep and I'll try to talk the family into doing a summer vacation in the area and check them out.

Throw in the names of some roads or trials to look for sheep and I'll try to talk the family into doing a summer vacation in the area and check them out.

You could go to the National Elk Refuge right now in Jackson and they will lick the salt off of your car.

You can also drive the road from Seminoe to the miracle mile and potentially see some.

My picture was north of Laramie on 34 on Morton Pass. We did talk to a guy a couple years ago that was sheep hunting right in the same area.

Back