Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Finally got all green!

jrabq

My duck season has been a bit mediocre so far, a few good days results wise but still not many birds to work with. Monday was looking like another bust, I had to leave a bit after 10AM and by 9:30 I had only seen about 10 ducks all morning and missed the only shot I had. Then a short burst of activity; shot 2 drakes that came in together, got 2 more out of a flock of 10-12 that decoyed well, and finished with a single. No other type of duck around for the 6th bird, but I'm happy with 5 mallards any day!

My new pup Maggie fetched all the ducks but she is still a work in progress, needing a lot of help on 2 of them. There is one deep swift section of the mighty Rio that she is reluctant to jump in, and that's when I need her the most!

The old dog (almost 13) is still wanting to go, so I'm taking her but mostly keeping her on the leash, she did retrieve a few ducks early in the season. She is almost deaf and can't see very good, but still has a great nose. So if we ever get a duck in the brush Maggie can't find the old dog will come off the leash.

Attachments

• P1030159red.jpg
    P1030159red.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 284
That’s an outstanding morning!! Well done...pups too. They are great looking dogs!

Had another great time today, with a lot more birds flying, limit by ~9:00. Passed up a few other shots at gadwalls and widgeons, and was rewarded again today with the mallard limit. Glad I took the old dog again, she found one of the ducks I thought we had lost for sure. It was in some thick brush about 50 yards from where it hit the ground. The young dog did much better today on the water retrieves. After somewhat of a slow start duck season is really cooking now, just don't know how long it will stay hot.

Attachments

• P1030164red.jpg
    P1030164red.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 111
Sweet. I love passing gimmes to get lucky and get a greenhead limit. Been lucky a few times, burned more, good for you.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back