Hunt talkers in Kauai?

MT_Chad

Hey all, planning a trip to kauai for our 10 year anniversary and hoping there might be a hunt talker that might be able to help with some logistical questions. We want to do a little camping and are looking for good places off the beaten path. Hopefully she will let me bring my bow, just in case....... Any suggestions or contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Was there last year. Not sure I saw a place off the beaten path. There really isn’t much for a path to get off of. Just a road that loops about 3/4 the way around the island.
There was folks camping(?) not sure, maybe just homeless, at several of the public beaches.
Waimea canyon had lots of trails, hiking, ect... but don’t recall seeing camping.

Most off the path we got was the ride in the van up to ride down the irrigation ditches, but pretty certain that was on private ranch lands.

They had bass, and I talked to folks that said they hunt wild cows. I didn’t look any further into hunting. Was on my 15 year anniversary.

Hiking / camping along the Kalalau Trail on the west coast of the island is a cool experience. I archery hunted feral goats there in 2009.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back