Rangefinding Binoculars

Rambo78

Does anyone use rangefinding binoculars for archery Elk hunting? I am in need of both a new rangefinder and new binoculars. I see several companies offer rangefinder binos but I am not finding a lot of information for guys actually using them in the field. I did read a short article from Chuck Adams in the latest Bugle magazine that he now uses rangefinding binoculars. I like the idea of having to not carry two separate items.

Any information or thoughts would be appreciated.

I use the Swarovski El Range binos for rifle hunting. I love them and not having to switch from binos to my range finder. It just eliminates one additional step. One negative that might keep me from using them for archery is the minimum range is 33 yards. Not sure if this is the norm for rangefinder binos or not but definitely a consideration.

I have a pair of Leica ranging binoculars which work great and I use them for elk rifle hunting but choose to save weight for archery and use a separate rangefinder and keep some ultra compact binos in my pack if I need them. I rarely need binoculars when I bow hunt for elk where I hunt. If I did, the combined binoculars/rangefinders work nicely in a good harness for quick access.
The downside to the combo in my opinion is that discrete rangefinders keep upgrading in features and it would be expensive to upgrade a combo unit vs a discrete rangefinder.

I’ve carried a pair of 10x42 Geovids with me for years now. Use them for everything from spring turkey, archery whitetail through rifle elk and deer. Heavy yes and I use a variety of carry methods depending on season and what I’m hunting but I feel naked without them.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back