Mountain Goat Nanny Hunt Info

SCliving Outdoors

Hey Guys,
I am constantly doing research on different hunts to try to go on. I'd love to go on a goat hunt one day. I know that my odds of drawing are super low especially since I have ZERO points for goats everywhere. I have also been looking all over all the different fish and game websites, forum post, magazine articles, blogs, gohunt trying to get some clarity. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a little info with me. There is surprisingly little quality info online about nanny only hunts in the west (maybe there is a reason for this, lol). I know Colorado offers a few (you have to apply for 3 years before you can draw) and a lot of states offer either sex tags. Does anyone know what other states offer nanny only tags and does applying for them improve your draw odds by a measurable amount? I love going new places and hunting new things so a nanny hunt to me would be just as much of an adventure/trophy as a billy. Any info is appreciated. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd rather then posting.

I know that Montana has offered nanny only tags for the Crazy Mountains the last couple of years. Odds are definitely better than the any goat hunt in the same district. Utah offers nanny only tags in the Beaver unit, I believe. Odds are really bad but less bad than the billy hunt.

You may want to start applying in Alaska each year. Odds are not reallybad onsome tags and there are no bonus points. I drew in only 7 years. Best of luck, TheGrayRider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back