Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by onpoint View Post
    In a different thread I attached pics of guys doing exactly what Buzz spoke of - camping, dogs and all, a few yards from my wall tent.
    They were indeed dumb asses. Rude, inconsiderate, clueless, as greenhorn likes - douches. I would have loved to puff out my 6'3" 230 lb chest and chew' em a new butthole.
    I was there to hunt with my dog, smell the smells, see the sights, and do what I enjoy more than anything in the world. Say I kick some verbal ass, they tell me to pound sand, I get even more pissed and it escalates. Hell, I might be the one gets thumped - there's always a tougher dog in a different pack........
    Rather have the memories of my girl on rock solid point, coming back to me with a rooster in her lips, and seeing the sunset over the central Montana prairie, than the bitter taste of a pissing match or worse - as I too grew up when men were men, and had my share of tough guy moments. I guess I grew up and would rather enjoy life.
    Ethics or whatever - some other dumb ass isn't worth tainting memories afield.
    If you never say anything, then that behavior becomes acceptable and idiots never learn. I have never been one to suffer rude behavior or fools...perhaps another bad genetic flaw passed on from both my paternal and maternal Grandfathers.
    "...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana." -Norman Maclean

"They were still so young they hadn't learned to count the odds and to sense they might owe the universe a tragedy"
    -Norman Maclean

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzH View Post
    I have never been one to suffer rude behavior or fools...
    Cap'n Call? Is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAY15lB4I4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo and Ned
    Thin out their numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Range View Post
    Just read your recent post. Makes sense.
    Nameless, there are other ways to hunt the exact same place I do, lots of other places to park, and I don't begrudge anyone doing that. A few people do, no problem.

I also agree with your assessment in your post, camping in a pinch point where that's the only access into a lot of country...I wouldn't expect people to stay out. My situation is not even close.
    "...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana." -Norman Maclean

"They were still so young they hadn't learned to count the odds and to sense they might owe the universe a tragedy"
    -Norman Maclean

Blog Entries

I miss the days when I believed I had the power to educate idiots.
    Keep up the good work Buzz

I miss the days when I believed I had the power to educate idiots.
    Keep up the good work Buzz
    That's funny...and I agree.

I did educate a guy fishing salmon on the Clearwater one day and never said a word. He edged in about 10 feet from me and proudly proclaimed that "this is a public river and I'm going to fish right here". I guess he must have been poor at math, since being 10 feet from someone casting a 10' steelhead rod, isn't going to work real well.

I never said a word and didn't bother to look behind me when casting a 2/0 salmon hook behind a couple ounces of pencil lead either.

Apparently that 2/0 owner hook whizzing by his face changed his mind about his theory on public rivers....

He picked up and moved after about my 3rd or 4th cast, which I can only assume, proved he was a slow learner. I would have moved after the first cast.
    Last edited by BuzzH; 12-06-2018 at 11:13 AM.

-Norman Maclean

Blog Entries

I experienced that transformative experience somewhere around my 52'nd birthday - you may or may not be quite there yet.

I experienced that transformative experience somewhere around my 52'nd birthday - you may or may not be quite there yet.
    Not quite, but getting real, real close.

-Norman Maclean

Sometimes if people just aren't dicks to each other it works out, couple years back I had backpacked in 4 miles and found this great little flat spot you could glass from, it was decently small and there was lots of blow down so this was kinda 'the' spot. I scouted Weds, Thurs, Friday and found elk, Friday night about 2 hours before dark 4 hunters (older individuals) and their 2 buddies who were just packing them in showed up. We all just kinda looked at each other for a second, they explained they had been coming to that spot for years, I explained I had been camped there for 3 days. We all kinda decided not to be Jerks and shared the spot, a campfire, stories, the next day I killed a bull they shot some cows everything worked out. Since then I have shared camps with other people a couple of times in the back-country and each time it was a good experience.

There are lots of Jerks out there but there are also loads of great people.

Spitz! This is the excuse for my behavior on 10/1 this year. Iím only 50, but you obviously figured this out at a younger age.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Spitz! This is the excuse for my behavior on 10/1 this year. I’m only 50, but you obviously figured this out at a younger age.
    Some individuals are poor candidates for this experience.
    But hope exists for all

I can identify with Ron White's mea culpa regarding the right to remain silent but lacking the ability.

I wish I had been as savvy as you guys, when I was your age. Now I'll never get there.
    A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise. Aldo Leopold.

13. Default

Okay BuzzH, I see what u are saying. Makes sense. I generally try to avoid campsites because I HATE confrontation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234