Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best scope for $600-$700?

Swfa 3-9x40HD. They are FFP and have a great reputation for consistent dialing and I'd be setting up a 26 Nosler for shooting long.

I believe the VX-5 and Razor HD LH are the best hunting scopes in that price range

The Leupold VX5 and Vortex Razor HD LH are both good scopes, but might stretch your budget unless you find a good sale. The Burris Veracity 3-15 is another option, but again might stretch the budget a little. Also, the Athlon Midas Tac comes in two magnification ranges, 4-16 and 6-24, I've used the 6-24 and if you like that much zoom it was an impressive scope for that price point. Another consideration, the Nikon FX1000 4-16 fits in the range you set. Lots of scopes out there and even more opinions.

Nikon BLACK FX1000

Being the owner of 2 Nikon BLACK FX1000 scopes I can assure you it will get the job done. Excellent glass,accuracy,consistancy and look at the size of the company that stands behind this product. Win win. Do yourself a favor and look at one so you can make the right choice.

Screen%20Shot%202018-11-26%20at%2011.54.19%20AM.png

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread, but did you get the hells canyon long range rifle? If so, if be curious to know what you think of it. I've been looking into one myself.

Yes I did, but without the McMillan stock. It was very lightly used and I got the deal of the century! I love the looks of the gun. It's a nice weight in my opinion and seems to be very well built. Didn't know a whole lot about the caliber, so my good buddy who shoots long range did a bit of research and said I should snatch it up.

Not to hijack the thread, but did you get the hells canyon long range rifle? If so, if be curious to know what you think of it. I've been looking into one myself.

Yes I did, but without the McMillan stock. It was very lightly used and I got the deal of the century! I love the looks of the gun. It's a nice weight in my opinion and seems to be very well built. Didn't know a whole lot about the caliber, so my good buddy who shoots long range did a bit of research and said I should snatch it up.

I will be interested in hearing what sort of accuracy you get out of your rifle. It is definitely built to reach out a lojng ways so great to see that you are looking for an optic to optimize the rifle. Are you going to shoot factory ammo or reload your own? I see 100 gr. projectiles running 3700+fps.

Looking at reloading for it. I will be shooting 140gr. partition for hunting purposes. Supposed to get great efficiency at approx. 3,150-3,200 fps

I will be interested in hearing what sort of accuracy you get out of your rifle. It is definitely built to reach out a lojng ways so great to see that you are looking for an optic to optimize the rifle. Are you going to shoot factory ammo or reload your own? I see 100 gr. projectiles running 3700+fps.

You could not give me another Leupold, unless it was so that I could sell it. I would second the suggestion for the SWFA 3x9, if you are stuck on variables. I prefer their 10x fixed, but that is just my preference. I have an Athlon Midas Tac that is proving to be a good variable. Meopta makes good scopes. Tract optics Toric has gotten quite a bit of good press, also. I think that the Nikon M-tac is getting a good reputation, for tracking and return to zero and it is under $400. Athlon and SWFA, both have great customer service, also.

Lots of good choices anymore. Hard to make a decision.

Nikon's M-Tactical scope is very nice. MONARCH glass, 30mm tube, MOA/MRAD or BDC reticle choices. As the rifle is so aptly named, Hells Canyon ( I used to hunt that area exclusively in the 70' and 80's) perhaps you would prefer capped turrets? For hunting I think it's tough to beat Nikon's MONARCH 3 BDC line of scopes. I know there are always guys who do not like the BDC reticle but being someone who has used it on many different rifles I can assure you it works. Dialing in your rifle scope and ammo can give you enough accuracy to hit soda cans at 600 yards. It is definitely with checking out before you buy. Some good deals going on right now as well, I suggest making a phone call to any dealers you like to use for the best price.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back