Caribou Gear

Maryland Elk

7Bartman

Glad they don't get as big as their Western cousins. Just as tasty though.
Sorry, the sound quality in the video is absolutely annoying.

https://youtu.be/k_p6Tfrm56A

yE2IaVk.jpg

That’s awesome. I’ve always wanted to try the hunt at Chincoteague island. Need to put in for it one year. Congrats!

Definitely a bucket list hunt for me! Rocky Mt elk for Maryland Elk swap hunt maybe...

I'll be chasing those little guys Friday and Saturday. Buddies shot two yesterday morning.

Are you part of a club out there?I'm looking to find a club opening or buying my own Sika Marsh land.Just found 20+ acres with long road frontage for 55k.Looks like a great Sika property with pond and feeders already there.But a club may be a better deal with more land available to hunt
I use to hunt them every October 25 years ago.I really want to go back and start again.Love hearing their whistles thru the wide open Marsh but can't see them in the high grass.Alot of guys seem to do well with cow elk calls for them now in archery.
Congrats on your success.They are a tough animal to hunt

Are you part of a club out there?I'm looking to find a club opening or buying my own Sika Marsh land.Just found 20+ acres with long road frontage for 55k.Looks like a great Sika property with pond and feeders already there.But a club may be a better deal with more land available to hunt
I use to hunt them every October 25 years ago.I really want to go back and start again.Love hearing their whistles thru the wide open Marsh but can't see them in the high grass.Alot of guys seem to do well with cow elk calls for them now in archery.
Congrats on your success.They are a tough animal to hunt

I hunt public and private. This came off a private piece. I'm aware of the piece you are referring to and it is way overpriced IMO. 2K+ for swamp land. I know the marsh by that piece really well and it does hold sika, but not what I'd call a prime piece.
I use various calls for them including calf elk calls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back