MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

A Whitetail with a British accent

Dave N

Went out this morning for the last day of firearm season. Sat there watching over the ravine I hunt and after a while my butt got sore. When I stood up to stretch I turned around and looked up the hill back toward where my bow stand was. Lo and behold a doe was sneaking through quietly in the wet leaves. By the time I picked up my muzzle loader and got lined up she was at the fence line. Quite a bit of brush was in the way, but I took my shot. Bang, flop. Walking up to her, the FIRST THING that came to mind was "This looks exactly like my Roe buck from the U.K. with Richard"! Shot in pretty much the same spot in the neck. It wasn't NEAR as far as that one, just a quick offhand shot at about 50 yards. The results were the same. Dead right there.

20181202_101915.jpg

Richard asked about the sled I bought for deer hauling. It works real well. Deer fit nicely and it slides great. Well worth the money.

20181202_102115.jpg

The shot on my Roe deer.

antlers.jpg

One more tag to fill. Next weekend I'll be out with my muzzle loader only tag for deer number three. The freezer is filling up nicely!

Attachments

• IMG_2418.jpg
    IMG_2418.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 296
Richard, this makes two so far. No luck with archery season to this point. Too much work got in the way. I'll be out this weekend for another three days to go for a third deer for the freezer. I just couldn't help but compare this doe to my Roe buck! Lots of good memories there.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back