Caribou Gear

Dick's Sporting Goods considers removing all hunting gear from stores

They will just become another store like Big 5.

I stopped shopping there years ago when they decided to play politics

Wouldnt walk into Dicks if they were giving stuff away. May not change anything but they won’t be getting any of my money.

Since their decision to withhold sales of firearms to select law abiding citizens, I stopped all involvement with their outfit.

Well, I take that back... I shorted their stock for their recent end of day, pre earnings release - drop. Sold just before closing bell and enjoyed some $.

I heard that they also own Field & Stream stores, they sell guns and ammo and hunting gear. I've never seen one myself.

How do you call keep track of who not to buy from and why you are boycotting them?

Since their decision to withhold sales of firearms to select law abiding citizens, I stopped all involvement with their outfit.

Well, I take that back... I shorted their stock for their recent end of day, pre earnings release - drop. Sold just before closing bell and enjoyed some $.

Sytes........the Gordon Gecko of Hunt Talk. :hump:

Never did much shopping there to begin with other than some fishing gear now and then. If they don’t want sell hunting gear or firearms, fine. I’ll still swing by once in awhile and get some fishing stuff. It’s interesting how many people have no issue with “private businesses can run their business how they want” until they decide to run it in a way that conflicts with they individuls personal views.

a company can sell or not sell what they choose. It’s their business. Let’s remember cake makers in Oregon. It’s when people or business make a knee jerk decision out of non factual decisions is when I have a problem.

I spend literally thousands a year between hunting and sporting goods ( I am a HS coach also). I am glad Dicks can make it without my money. I quit going in when stopped Selling AR’s. Dicks can stand for whatever they choose. So will I. They just make it easy by being another company that helps me remove the grey out of my life.

Never did much shopping there to begin with other than some fishing gear now and then. If they don’t want sell hunting gear or firearms, fine. I’ll still swing by once in awhile and get some fishing stuff. It’s interesting how many people have no issue with “private businesses can run their business how they want” until they decide to run it in a way that conflicts with they individuls personal views.

Bingo...selective "outrage".

I don't recall ever buying anything in a Dicks sporting good store...mainly because the selection in all their stores was the same-old, same-old stuff. I think I did purchase a 2-burner camp chef there, had a great deal. Their firearms selections wasn't much, if any, better than Walmart. IMO, their fishing and hunting selection was kind of an after-thought from what I could see.

I wont boycott them if they have a good price on something I'm looking for.

As far as firearms, I have bought exactly one firearm from a brick and morter in the last 40 years...

Interesting as some here are board members of organizations that encourage their members to support companies that support their members.

Case in point: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.

CORPORATE PARTNERS
Much of the work BHA does depends on partnership with businesses that both support and depend on public lands. Whether it's a brand that focuses on creating the best outdoor gear possible, an adventure organization that takes people into our wild backcountry, or simply an organization that finds value in the 640 million acres of public land, we're excited and grateful to work with such a diverse and ethical group of sponsors.

If your business is interested in joining us in supporting public lands, reach out to Grant Alban here.
https://www.backcountryhunters.org/corporate_partners

RMEF Corporate Partners play a key role in helping the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation accomplish our mission. Their vital support provides the RMEF and its volunteers with critical fundraising support and exposure opportunities that otherwise would not be available.

Read more about how these conservation-minded companies are supporting wildlife and wildlife habitat.
http://www.rmef.org/howtohelp/supportourpartners/corporatepartners.aspx

Even, Fresh Tracks - Randy Newberg holds corporate sponsors, as should be self evident:
Leupold, Mystery Ranch, Orion, Nosler Ammunition, Howa, Gerber... There is a reason.
http://randynewberg.com

To support companies or not for whatever reason is each person's choice. Some don't give an F either way while others seek to support companies by purchase of their apparel and products because that company supports their values.

Cheers to those who choose to place their $ into the coffers of companies that support your interests.... Just as much, cheers to those who don't give a F.

Interesting as some here are board members of organizations that encourage their members to support companies that support their members.

Case in point: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/corporate_partners

http://www.rmef.org/howtohelp/supportourpartners/corporatepartners.aspx

Even, Fresh Tracks - Randy Newberg holds corporate sponsors, as should be self evident:
Leupold, Mystery Ranch, Orion, Nosler Ammunition, Howa, Gerber... There is a reason.
http://randynewberg.com

To support companies or not for whatever reason is each person's choice. Some don't give an F either way while others seek to support companies by purchase of their apparel and products because that company supports their values.

Cheers to those who choose to place their $ into the coffers of companies that support your interests.... Just as much, cheers to those who don't give a F.

Plus 1

In other news, Copenhagen is cheaper in the tribal smoke shops.

What's the best sporting goods store to hate.......
Add yet another to the popular category "what's the best fill-in-the-blank".:)

JLS already gave the definitive answer as to where to get the best deal on chew. Thanks for the good advice.

My guess is the Patagonia boycotters never bought much Patagonia.

Kinda like Nike and Kap. The only Nike product those boycotters bought were all white with Velcro.

Since Patagonia has come up, I just read an article about the Hunter Mentorship program at the U of M. Part of the money to purchase tags for the participants came from BHA. Some of that money was from a grant from Patagonia. Found it interesting. mtmuley

"Dicks can stand for whatever they choose".
Maybe shoulda' been the title of this post.

Pretty much sums it up for a lot (of us) on here......................................................................................

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back