Caribou Gear Tarp

Lathrop and Sons Elite Hunter Boot

I can't say I've personally worn them, but my best friend has them and wore them for our deer/elk hunt last year. Their build quality is outstanding, as is their customer service. He never had traction issues and they performed very well for him. He got the footbeds and did the foot mapping they do, so he went all out when he bought his. That being said, I wear lowa tibets, and I think they seemed to perform just as well and the build quality was very similar. Overall he is in about the cost of 2 pair of tibets (if you find them on sale), so if you asked me if I thought it was worth it, I'd probably say no. If you have odd feet, dont want to buy and try boots until you find a winner, or really just want a custom fitted boot with great customer service I'd say its worth every penny! Just my 2 cents

I do not own a pair of the Elite Hunters, so cannot provide real experience. I can have tried a pair on at their shop (I work in the same town). In fact, my Zamberlan's were purchased from Stephen, using their mapping system and custom fit.

My 2 cents … I love my Zamberlan's and definitely glad I utilized their custom fit service. My feet are slightly wide with an "unusual" heel configuration that is prone to blistering. Via the custom fit system with a couple of tweeks by Stephen, they are a great pair of boots.

I thought about purchasing a pair of the Elite's, but just could not justify it since the Zamby's are serving me very well. The Elites appeared to be a very well made boot and the fit was good, but for my feet would have required some tweeking. I tried the on the Elites in standard width, before they had a pair of the wide width in their shop. They did seem lighter than my Zamberlan's, but the Zamby's are 12" boots.

I am also interested in this. I have very narrow and flat feet. B width. Have a hard time getting shoes or boots to fit.

Back