Montana Success

hodgej12

This post won't be quite as elaborate as my buddy shannerdrake's, but I did want to take the time to thank you all for the tips, tactics, and advice you offered to us while preparing for our recent trip to MT. This was our first DIY public land hunt in the West, so we were really green heading into it, and we gleaned a lot of valuable information from many of you, as well as from Randy's online content. We left Indiana on Nov. 12 and returned home on the 20th, and I put over 50 miles on my boots in between. And the land in central MT is not as conducive to walking as where we flatlanders reside ;) Nevertheless, on Day 5 I was extremely fortunate to connect on a gorgeous mule deer - my first muley and one I likely won't top for a long time. We hunted hard for elk for the entire week and, although we did locate some fresh tracks, I never saw an elk while hunting or even from the road the entire trip. Two of the other guys connected on cows on Day 6, and all four of us connected on mule deer bucks, so we felt very blessed to punch 6/8 tags on a 6.5 day hunt. Thanks again for your help - it is much appreciated! Sorry about the upside down pictures - can't figure out how to fix them. IMG_1057 (1).jpgIMG_1071 (1).jpgIMG_1087.jpgIMG_1141.jpgIMG_1006.jpgIMG_1162.jpg

Very nice! Topping that will take a wanted poster... :)

6 of 8 tags is fantastic!

Last edited:
Nice buck. A few more bucks like that from public in central Mt would be nice to see for those of us in SE Montana.

Nice deer!!!

Hopefully this makes the photo easier to view man. Awesome job and great looking bucks. Im from Indiana as well just starting to plan a DIY hunt in the near future.

Attachments

• muley.jpg
    muley.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 448
Back