Default Investing: Outdoor Companies

Saw a thread about "Companies deserving my money" people were talking about companies to buy products from that support hunting and it got me thinking about investing.

When looking for new investments, I avoid any of the "socially responsible" funds that claim no-oil, no-guns, ect... I'm fine owning funds without those products but not looking to specifically exclude those products.

So the flip side: does anyone have any good stocks or funds that are going to be of more interest to those of us who enjoy the outdoors. figure if there is a fund that owns a few pro-outdoor companies it could be an interesting one to explore

I personally don't know of any mutual funds or ETFs that exclusively own "outdoor" companies but it could exist. You could certainly trade individual stock like: RGR, VFC, JOUT, PII, DKS and AOBC.

For me, I'll invest in the best companies to make the most money. I'm not going to risk my savings or retirement on a social project. I get that some people consider this socially irresponsible but the capitalist in me is greedy. I choose not to buy certain products or from certain companies for different reasons, but my investments are not part of that equation.

If I want to "invest" in outdoor companies I'll just use the superior gains to buy more hunting products I can also donate earnings to outdoor non-profits if I so choose.

Everybody wins!
    Last edited by grizzly_; 12-01-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_ View Post
    For me, I'll invest in the best companies to make the most money. I'm not going to risk my savings or retirement on a social project.

. . .

I can also donate earnings to outdoor non-profits if I so choose.

Everybody wins!
    Unless you have unlimited funds for retirement, do what grizzly_ says. Saving/growing retirement funds is hard enough to do without overlaying emotions.
    - now known as BisonGuy