Yeti GOBOX Collection

Headed to Jackson Wyoming with an elk tag in my pocket

LopeHunter

This elk tag has a long season so I have been patiently waiting to head over there. It is time. Elk on the move. Is a 300 class deal though some larger bulls do show up at times. Taking the .338 Win Mag that has always made things easy.

The forecast looks good. I could wait a bit longer but Jackson is a place where can get nasty cold, windy while trying to maneuver through deep snow drifts in sub-zero temperatures. Not as much fun as would think. Last winter was rather mild though looks like this winter is going to be typical.

It's warm here today.
Looks like next week the temps are going to dip back down.
Grizzlies have been active around the Elk Refuge

Oh joy, grizzlies still not able to read the hibernation signs. I was in Cody in early November four years ago and encountered a young female grizzly. There were road signs saying be bear aware though based on that assumed was not going to bump bears.

Bear Aware.jpg

Good luck! Which units are still open for bulls? I thought all the units surrounding town went down to antlerless by the middle of November.

Jealous you still have a tag, good luck.

Hey that country looks flat in those kill pics, even more jealous!

Yep, watch out for those bears!!
Good luck on the hunt.
Maybe bump some bison over to the refuge help out those cow hunters, lol.

Good luck! Which units are still open for bulls? I thought all the units surrounding town went down to antlerless by the middle of November.

This is the long season 78 tag which is open through end of January though has varying restrictions during the open dates. I'll never draw this tag again due to point creep and where I am currently along the journey of life. Might do a deer hunt around Jackson as a way to be back in a year or two. Those mountains are spectacular.

I also enjoy spending some time down at the town square portion of Jackson. Yes, has become a bit less hunter-friendly over the years but compared to a lot of places Jackson is very, very welcoming to hunters.

Keep us posted !! I have been to the Refuge in early January. Wonderful country !! Good luck !!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back