Lanai axis deer hunt questions

Jermorrell

Hello guys my wife planed a vacation to Hawaii. My first thought was what can I hunt or fish there. I originally only found info on guided hunts there until I stumbled across this forum. I have gained enough info from here that we are now going to vacation and hunt axis deer. We plan on vacationing on Maui and hunt lanai. We are going in May and I plan on hunting the company side of the island. I am going to archery hunt (150$ for a annual permit seemed better than 450$ a day for rifle). I have a few issues I need to figure out in the next few months and hope the great knowledge of people here can help me with them.
1. Where can I get meet frozen on lanai or Maui?
2. I have seen pictures of people camping on lanai. Is it possible to get any info that?
3. Is any of the archery areas better than another?
4. It looks like the car rental place on the island closed. What is a good way to get around the island?
5. We have set aside 5 days to hunt. If I get one early is there somewhere to donate meat to keep hunting?
6. Anyone know a local that might be helpful to be able to contact?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forums.

If I were going to HI I would be chasing Vancouver bulls. No question.

It's $450/day now.....DANG!

I no longer have any contacts on lanai but if glasseye sees this he may be able to hook you up with someone.

Some locals will rent vehicles... maybe the folks at lanai game management could hook you up with someone.

PM sent. I'm leaving today for Adak Alaska for 10 days so I won't be able to answer any more questions for now.

Rental cars are really expensive on all islands. There is no public hunting areas so camping might be out of questions. When are you planning your trip? You might be better to call DLNR. I also want to say there is a lottery for axis deer tag but that might be for gun only. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back