Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Young and dumb

brockel

Young and dumb with only one thing on his mind. Amazing he made it through a Montana hunting season around here.

Attachments

• CBFAE7A3-3A12-4B26-B615-77B5455DDCC6.jpg
    CBFAE7A3-3A12-4B26-B615-77B5455DDCC6.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,228
  • 28767221-2F6F-4B18-AB75-FF93FE945CB6.jpg
    28767221-2F6F-4B18-AB75-FF93FE945CB6.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,226
He makes it through winter and doesn't get hit by a truck, he should be a dandy next fall. Got a good frame on him.

Last edited:
So would you guess that top buck to be a 2 year old? 3 year old?

The buck JCS posted looks much bigger-bodied, surely older than the first?

So would you guess that top buck to be a 2 year old? 3 year old?

The buck JCS posted looks much bigger-bodied, surely older than the first?

I’d say he’s 3.5

JCS buck I’d say has another year on my buck pictures

I’d say he’s 3.5

JCS buck I’d say has another year on my buck pictures

Thanks, that's probably what I'd guess, though having only hunted mule deer a few times wasn't real confident in my judging abilities. Very interesting stuff.

I saw a lot of deer similar in antler and body size to your photo in Colorado this year, many hanging from the buck poles. It seems like they don't mature, at least in appearance, quite as quickly as a whitetail though.

And another one. I think this buck has some potential in a few years.
He was dumb. Less than 50 yards from the truck. I have hope for next year as I have seen several nice bucks that made the season. I think nearly one week less of season in Nov. has helped with keeping them alive.

Attachments

• DSCN2334.jpg
    DSCN2334.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,064
He was dumb. Less than 50 yards from the truck. I have hope for next year as I have seen several nice bucks that made the season. I think nearly one week less of season in Nov. has helped with keeping them alive.

Ha just wait until next year when the montana general season runs through December 1st ! That last week will have some deer in backs of trucks .

Pic fix, because this one really deserves it...good lord look at that neck !

20181120_071216.jpg

If he could get a few years on him I think he would be a stud. Lots of potential there. Hope hes in an area where he has a chance

If he could get a few years on him I think he would be a stud. Lots of potential there. Hope hes in an area where he has a chance

Not much chance he will spend the entire season in a safe spot. I watched another nice buck this fall. First I saw of him was the second week of Sept. Dad saw him on the last day of season. During that span of time we saw him in 8 separate sections. Not may places in Eastern Montana were a buck can travel through 8 sections and not be in a place hazardous to his health. I am still shocked that he survived. One lucky buck.

The mule deer get outright stupid once the rut hits here in Saskatchewan. During the rifle WT season, it's not uncommon for me to get within 20 yds of 200 inch mule deer... If only I could do the same during archery...

Shooting a muley in eastern Montana during the rut isn’t much different than going out and plugging one of the angus cows in the pasture. IMO A lot of people proud of their “trophy’s” though. Good for them.

Sorry, but I could never shoot a buck that easy to hunt. However, I don't hunt anywhere near the rut.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back