Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Interesting Editorial from F&S magazine

Now that speech is bought and sold, it's pretty clear that the way to suppress free speech is to bury it. Corporate money is very good at that.

Do you mean like back when only 3 for profit TV stations controlled the bulk of communications?

Modern communications are drowning out corporate communications, just ask any frustrated brand manager at a major CPG. Corporations and corporation like entities, whether "big media", "big steel", the big two political parties, big .gov, etc have lost control of the dialog and they don't like it. They would all love to regulate it. Glad our SCOTUS says no.

Last edited:
It's trickier in case of govt. employees like BuzzH and there are other legal frameworks that protect some forms of employee related speech, but we are branching way of the topic of CU.

I would guess my situation is a lot like Buzz's. Both of us are fairly safe that way on our own outside of work. But there is no outside of work for some corporate employers. They can whatever they want to you if they don't like the color of the sign in your front yard.

I would guess my situation is a lot like Buzz's. Both of us are fairly safe that way on our own outside of work. But there is no outside of work for some corporate employers. They can whatever they want to you if they don't like the color of the sign in your front yard.

I will leave to a labor lawyer the political-related exceptions (or lack thereof) of the basic principle of "employment at will" that is our traditional approach to employment.

Are you suggesting the SCOTUS is taking bribes?

No, I'm saying that those "representing" us, make damn good and sure that their corporate donors come first, as per always. The pesky .gov employees are best used as a political football to rally the base, push agendas, and keep muzzled.

Another set of facts...

No, I'm saying that those "representing" us, make damn good and sure that their corporate donors come first, as per always. The pesky .gov employees are best used as a political football to rally the base, push agendas, and keep muzzled.

Another set of facts...

While I am sure the details vary, it looks like we both have a healthy distrust of the current political system. I tend to view the list of "villains" a little longer than just corporations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back