Pronghorn area 6/7,region b deer Wyoming

I saw a bunch of real nice bucks in Antelope unit 7, well real nice bucks comparing them to MI whitetails anyways. Without looking I think that is 6 and 7 for deer? Was able to relay a handful or coordinates to another H/T member and his wife was able to kill a buck in an area where a local outfitter gave my dad and I some grief which was karmic justice.

It was my dad and I's first trip together, and first time either of us had hunted antelope so we weren't concerned on size and would just take off into parcels. We didn't play the get up at 4 and sit on a buck game on opening day and found some out of the way tracts with no one on them. Really kicking ourselves for no getting a deer tag now as well.

We bumped into probably 15-20 bucks on little out of the way pieces, or out in the middle of some of the bigger chunks, some were with does and some were bachelored up. I will say openly we never hunted in the eastern portion of the unit, there were too many trucks and their associated pumpkins wandering around.

PM me and I'll give you some starting points if that's where you end up.

I hunted 7 this past season, I only bought an antelope tag having never been to the area. I wish I would've gotten a deer tag too. We saw plenty of antelope, although it took some looking being that we hunted the 2nd week of rifle and they had seen a lot of pressure. But without looking for mule deer I saw a few good ones. They were all actually on the border of private and walk in area.

6zL78Mz.jpg

5m66CJ6.jpg

A bit far away but:
4IlYdfr.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back