Yeti GOBOX Collection

State land posted as private, Custer NF.

Remember that spot. Those false signs should help reduce hunting pressure. Just make positively sure its public before you cross over.

Have someone drop you off and hunt it. A vehicle at the road is what causes 99% of the problems.

joelweb,
You are right about not having to ask the lessee about hunting on accessible public lands. You have no obligation to do so.

Most landowners that I know are considerably more tolerant of those folks who bother to stop by the house and let them know who/what/when/where and why they are there. Landowners see nobody on those parcels of public land until hunting season comes along and the public demands access "to their wildlife". Wildlife and lands they have shown no interest in for 364 days of the year.
Who knows, by showing a little common courtesy you may gain access to otherwise inaccessible ground. Just a thought from someone who deals with this annually. (and before some of you run your keyboards, yes, I have allowed some people access to that have shown this courtesy)

Yeah makes total sense to ask some landowner if you can hunt the public land nearby... Give me a break.

joelweb,
You are right about not having to ask the lessee about hunting on accessible public lands. You have no obligation to do so.

Most landowners that I know are considerably more tolerant of those folks who bother to stop by the house and let them know who/what/when/where and why they are there. Landowners see nobody on those parcels of public land until hunting season comes along and the public demands access "to their wildlife". Wildlife and lands they have shown no interest in for 364 days of the year.
Who knows, by showing a little common courtesy you may gain access to otherwise inaccessible ground. Just a thought from someone who deals with this annually. (and before some of you run your keyboards, yes, I have allowed some people access to that have shown this courtesy)

that's kind of funny, a friend of mine did this exact thing 2 years ago, he showed up to the lessee house in the middle of the day and politely mentioning he would be taking his son hunting following days. Landowner threw a fit, why cant you find other places to hunt, ect, ect, next day friend was hunting , landowner showed up for a confortation,,, little did he know my buddy is a LE guy, didn't work out so well,,,,,

Be a shoe-in as an extra for the walking dead...

Civil recourse, if you had $ to gamble and wanted to stick the proverbial dagger in the illegal land-wanttobe owner's side... Would be a fit for compensatory damages on a small scale. Though if I had play money, would be fun. Attorney fees would be paid-if you won.

joelweb,

Funny stuff. The best part is many land owners whine about the public's wildlife 365 days a year, and don't want to "feed em."

How may days a year should the public be using their lands and chasing their animals? Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know the acceptable number so I don't look like a fool when I talk to a LO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back